Hill Climb Time

D

DANSPANK

Hullo,

I timed myself on another long hill just for craps and giggles...

Start: Picnic hut behind the lake then taking the yellow trail up the hill and onto the fireroad
Finish: Very top of the hill where the yellow trail heads left into single track and the red trail heads right into single track
Distance: 1.12 miles
Ascent: 272ft
Time: 9:26
Bike: '06 Stumpy Full Squish

D

DANSPANK

Heythrop, aren't you near Tourne? I've put up times for the two gravel trails up to the top of Tourne. Have a look under the Tourne Trail Reviews.

They're not quick but if it gets a few people logging times then it'll start being a bit of a competition. Right now, since I seem to be the only one logging hill-times, I'll take the polcadot jersey, thanks very much!

D

DANSPANK

It takes you 10 mins to walk the longer route (where the toilet block is)? Wow, I've got to pick the pace up then. I think my ride up that side was 9 minuets!

D

DANSPANK

Juts did my usual loop at LM today but on the borrowed F29 Hard Tale. Let me tell you, I royally kicked my own arse today! That 29er is just plane brilliant! I knocked over 4 minutes off my 10.5mile loop, 4 minutes!!

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3183511

I also timed the climb from the bbq hut nearish to the beach, following the yellow trail up along the single track to the fire road and beat my previous time by about 25 seconds!!

The bike climbed well but the decents were best. It just motors across the ground. I found that I needed to brake more to avoid overshooting cornes!On my 26lb S-works Stumpy I would use the momentum from one hill to get most of the way up another and then pedal the rest. On the F29er the momentum would carry me up and ove the brow!

The only bad thing was that the hard tale rattled me about something chronic. My teeth hurt and the seat just kept whacking the little Daniels on all of the roots and rocks!

I think I'm sold on this 29er movement! I just need some squish in the back.

New hill time stats:
Distance: 1.14 miles
Ascent: 272ft
Time: 9:01
Bike: '07 CDale Caffeine F29 HT

Last edited by a moderator:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions