Hikers Fall From Cliff at Hartshorne

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
one article refers to her as his "hiking companion", sounds like he's in the "friend zone"
Just because he is hiking with a girl doesn't me he is interested in her romantically. If I was a serial killer I would totally do it this way, its easier if they carry them selves in, and hearing about the size of the cliff he almost succeeded too.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Just because he is hiking with a girl doesn't me he is interested in her romantically. If I was a serial killer I would totally do it this way, its easier if they carry them selves in, and hearing about the size of the cliff he almost succeeded too.
Hmm... gonna have to think twice before I ride with you alone....

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't make me use this a third time, Max

giphy.gif

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This sound like the time my sister went for a hike with friends to see the sunset at Breakneck Ridge not thinking they should bring flash lights since, you know, sunset. God damn millenials had to call search and rescue to find them at 2am. Idiots. Probably wore flippy floppies for the hike too.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
So many questions ... He keeps talking about a mountain. A mountain? Has the geography of coastal New Jersey radically changed over, say, the past few days? And he says the "vines" prevented them from getting back to the trail. How? And, seriously ... vines? And why is this odd looking oompa-loompa holding his phone during the interview? Were Limp Bizkit tickets about to go on sale or something? And how do you get lost off-trail at Hartshorne anyway? That sounds fishy - I'll bet he deliberately went off trail in search of "treasure" - like say, a lost cache of Ed Hardy t-shirts or a buried case of Monster Energy Drink or a secret stash of Drakkar Noir or something. And as he was being carted away in the ambulance, I wonder - was he at all concerned that someone might steal the erector-set spoiler he had screwed into the trunk of his 2002 Civic?

TimBay

So many questions ... He keeps talking about a mountain. A mountain? Has the geography of coastal New Jersey radically changed over, say, the past few days? And he says the "vines" prevented them from getting back to the trail. How? And, seriously ... vines? And why is this odd looking oompa-loompa holding his phone during the interview? Were Limp Bizkit tickets about to go on sale or something? And how do you get lost off-trail at Hartshorne anyway? That sounds fishy - I'll bet he deliberately went off trail in search of "treasure" - like say, a lost cache of Ed Hardy t-shirts or a buried case of Monster Energy Drink or a secret stash of Drakkar Noir or something. And as he was being carted away in the ambulance, I wonder - was he at all concerned that someone might steal the erector-set spoiler he had screwed into the trunk of his 2002 Civic?
Yo, it's the highest elevation on the eastern seaboard. Lol. There's actually a crazy invasive vine situation at the park. That said, this section of trails is small with a ton of trails on it and the wooded ones are pretty tight single track. I feel like it would be hard to go off trail unless on purpose. Clearly his Jordan's didn't have the proper grip for the terrain.

Heres an image of the map on the side they were on. That lot is huge. There are also a ton of paved trails and with the river, there arent a lot of ways to get lost in the wilderness. Notice the mile scale at the bottom to see how small of an area this is.

HartshorneWoods1-1.jpg

TimBay

Gotta say I'm shocked how callous people are here making fun of a couple nearly falling to their deaths - jeeze

View attachment 108975

View attachment 108976

View attachment 108977
Ha. It's the dumbfuckery lf it all. Did you see the dude in the video? Knowing those trails and the exact rogue spot they were at, I have no clue how they wound up in that situation on accident. Its 2019, they have smart phones tjat can pull up trail maps and GPS. It's a small trail system, especially on that side.

TimBay

We just need more trails... take a hint.. these two want clif jumps!
Yeah. They should pfficially reopen zippidy. It's a fun section. It'd also be good to rework some of the existing trails for sustainability. One can dream.

ilnadi

So many questions ... He keeps talking about a mountain. A mountain? Has the geography of coastal New Jersey radically changed over, say, the past few days? And he says the "vines" prevented them from getting back to the trail. How? And, seriously ... vines? And why is this odd looking oompa-loompa holding his phone during the interview??
I may use the video during one of our team sessions, "don't be that guy"

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions