Hike A Bike

koolaid

Who's looking for a challenge this Saturday?

Attachments

• Hike a bike 2014 Final (small).jpg
    Hike a bike 2014 Final (small).jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 226
I'm pretty sure I'm headed up too. Rode with some of the Renegade guys last year up there. Nice little park with the cool Catskill feel.

lippman park has some fun trails. we had a MTB orienteering section in there during the USARA nationals a few years back. ive been wanting to head back there and ride the trails for real.

The Hike A Bike 20+ will be using Lippman for the start up onto state land, then we have brand new state land trails to ride that will be included in the Wildcat 100 on June 28th, finishing in Lippman park.
Figure about 12 miles on State land and 8 in Lippman. There shouldn't be too many log overs but expect some steep hike a bike sections and stream crossings.
Personally I think this is going to be an awesome course. We've spent the last two months prepping the trails.

'Cross?

Is anyone else doing 'cross? No one is signed up, and after looking at the video from 2012, I've totally chickened out of taking my 'cross bike. My mtb is BEASTLY heavy (and the frame geometry makes picking it up a PITA), but there's no way I'm going over some of that stuff with any sort of speed on my 'crosser. :( Bummed, 'cause I was really looking forward to bustin' some 'cross moves on my birthday!

Is anyone else doing 'cross? No one is signed up, and after looking at the video from 2012, I've totally chickened out of taking my 'cross bike. My mtb is BEASTLY heavy (and the frame geometry makes picking it up a PITA), but there's no way I'm going over some of that stuff with any sort of speed on my 'crosser. :( Bummed, 'cause I was really looking forward to bustin' some 'cross moves on my birthday!

Link to the video? I'd love to see what it looks like -had thought about the cross but unlikely I'll make it to the event at all.

Back
Top Bottom