High School MTB Clubs

CrossAddict

Hello,

Vernon and Kinnelon have clubs. If anyone would like more info on HS MTB Clubs and/or start up information I would be glad to share it.:)

-RF

t.wach

Are these clubs just for highschool students at those schools or anyone? I might be interested in looking at it. I usually ride alone so it would be nice to hook up with some people.

CrossAddict

Students Only

The clubs are for students of that respective school only. Vernon and Kinnelon have over a dozen members each. The objective of this thread is to generate intrest and provide information to those that are or want to get involved in a HS MTB Club.

-rf

xc62701

I'm in the process of starting one up at West Milford. I have talked to a bunch of people and just need to get some paperwork rolling. Was trying for this year but it just got crazy around here. I'm gonna try and get it all done so we can start it next year.

xc62701

Sure that would be great. I'd love to check out the mission statement etc... That's what they want me to submit. Email coming shortly...

CrossAddict

HS Paperwork

I hope you found the paperwork helpful. The release is a modified race form that fit the need of our school district. The board office was happy to see that the parents would sign a release for participation in the club. Let me know how it goes I have more stuff (ride sheets, clothing forms, ect.):)

Peace.

-rf

CrossAddict

HS MTB mission statement

"your school here" High School Mountain Bike Club
Mission Statment
• Provide students that have the desire to mountain bike the coaching and camaraderie that will help them achieve both competitive and non-competitive cross-country mountain biking goals in a safe and enjoyable manner.
• Develop in students an awareness of what it is to be an amateur athlete that is both gracious, and respectful to their community, and Foster a responsible attitude toward the use of trails and wilderness.
• Create an environment in which they may discover new friendships and find role models.
• Promote the value of cycling to our community as a mode of transportation and as a life long sport.
• Guide students towards learning new skills and disciplines, and to spread the foundations of mountain bike racing in the USA.

I hope this helps some of you.

-rf

xc62701

Is your club done primarily on a volunteer basis or is it a club that the school charges for?

CrossAddict

the club is free for students and all they need is a 'real' mountain bike. No dept. store bikes. In our first year we had a rider snap a fork right off at Kittatinny. I however will be recieving a small stipend due to union matters to advise the club, lead rides, and take care of other club matters. Trust me its not a lot of money and I plan on investing it back into the club. For me it's about showing students what mountain biking is all about. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

-rf

VTHS MTBing:D

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Thanks for posting Roger. This is great stuff, and a great opportunity for young riders. They are lucky to have you as a club leader.

On a similar thought, if anyone is interested in donating used bikes, this is a great cause to pass your old hard tail down to a needy young mountain biker. Especially since evreyone on this site is going 29 ss, no need for those old 26 hard tails ;).

hey moderators, can we start a recycle section?

CrossAddict

Vernon B & A-Ride

Vernon HS Club members

Thursday 5-15-08

B-ride 4:15
A-ride 5:15

Wawayanda (Barry Lakes Entrance)

-rf

CrossAddict

High School Jungle Ride

Jungle Habitat Ride, West Milford NJ

Vernon and Kinnelon HS MTB Clubs will be riding Thursday 10/23 @ 4:30. There will be seperate A and B rides to accomidate different levels.

*Please note that you must be a club member to participate.

The vernon hs mtb jerseys are in and you will be able to pay for them (if needed) before the ride.

Jungle habitat is located at the end of airport rd in west Milford, NJ

See ya there.

-rfoco
VTHS MTB Adv.

S

Shar0se

Do those of you who have these clubs run them on a volunteer basis or are they paid positions? I'm just curious.......

CrossAddict

Do those of you who have these clubs run them on a volunteer basis or are they paid positions? I'm just curious.......

It's volunteer at first and if the club does well then there is a small stipend that can be obtained for running an after school activity. It's definatly not about the money, but union contracts say if you run a club then you need to get paid.

CrossAddict

Pain ???

You're lucky my high school club rides today...or we'd be there to bring the pain!!!

Pain ? :rofl: Vernon has (cody K <-- faster than anyone 20-29) and (Evan G. <-- winner of the sport juniors h2h) Ryan you are a funny guy. It's great the students at west milford have a teacher with such a great sense of humor. Peace.:D

mr. f

Last edited:

xc62701

Pain ? :rofl: Vernon has (cody K <-- faster than anyone 20-29) and (Evan G. <-- winner of the sport juniors h2h) Ryan you are a funny guy it's great the students at west milford has a teacher with such a great sense of humor. Peace.:D

mr. f

Yea I know I just figured I'd put that out there for a good laugh :D It's good to stir the pot sometimes;) Cody whooped my butt at Blue and has definitely got some skills. I'm just glad I got the program off the ground and running.

Top Bottom