High School MTB Clubs

Just like Roger by union rules I get a small stipend which will in turn be put back into the club for tools, parts, etc... I would do it for free.

I wish my school had a mtb club.

Then do something about it. Find out how much interest there is among the students, see if a teacher rides. Talk to a JORBA chapter down by you. Get some information from Roger and Ryan, they already have a program up and running.
If no one does nothing, nothing will get done. If someone does something, something will be done.

HS MTB start up info

Then do something about it. Find out how much interest there is among the students, see if a teacher rides. Talk to a JORBA chapter down by you. Get some information from Roger and Ryan, they already have a program up and running.
If no one does nothing, nothing will get done. If someone does something, something will be done.

I have a bunch of start up material that can help. I would just need a teachers e-mail to send it to.:) -R Foco

HS Clubs

Hello,

Vernon and Kinnelon have clubs. If anyone would like more info on HS MTB Clubs and/or start up information I would be glad to share it.:)

-RF

Hello:

At one of the schools I oversee, I established a mountain bike club. PCSST Bears. I actually coach them and guide them. We do H2H races, and some national ones as well. The school is Paterson Charter School for Science and technology. If you need information, shoot me an email.

emrahayhan

Sweetness !!

Hello:

At one of the schools I oversee, I established a mountain bike club. PCSST Bears. I actually coach them and guide them. We do H2H races, and some national ones as well. The school is Paterson Charter School for Science and technology. If you need information, shoot me an email.

emrahayhan

Great work !!

Up here in the Vernon Club we have a couple of students who have started racing. We do however, have a lot of students who just use it for cross training to get ready for riding Diablo Freeride Park. I probably would have more students interested, but most just want to hit jumps even though most lack the skill to take a corner properly or hop an obstacle. The club just perchased jerseys and the exposure should generate more intrest.:)

Keep it up.

-roger

Great work !!

Up here in the Vernon Club we have a couple of students who have started racing. We do however, have a lot of students who just use it for cross training to get ready for riding Diablo Freeride Park. I probably would have more students interested, but most just want to hit jumps even though most lack the skill to take a corner properly or hop an obstacle. The club just perchased jerseys and the exposure should generate more intrest.:)

Keep it up.

-roger

roger good job, kids will learn to be super duper fast with u, Cool:

My kids race in Beginner 10-14( one of them is my son Ekrem Ayhan, 9 years old) and the other two are 15-18 Beginner. I could afford only single speed 29ers for them, motobecane. these kids are from the unlucky region. we fully support them. They have never seen mtb before in their lives. We try to do a good job so they are encouraged. But I am very proud of the races they did this year, only 3 actually. I could not start on time. But next year, I will look for more sponsors and do a more serious racing business.

emrahayhan

Min Age?

Anyone come across issues concerning minimum ages for riders in clubs? Any schools balk at younger kids going on rides for liability reasons??? I would like to get something started in Livingston next year but would like to include younger kids - perhaps on a rail trail or something.

Release

Anyone come across issues concerning minimum ages for riders in clubs? Any schools balk at younger kids going on rides for liability reasons??? I would like to get something started in Livingston next year but would like to include younger kids - perhaps on a rail trail or something.

The student's parents sign a release form for the season. PM me with your e-mail if you want a copy. It's too big to attach.

-rfoco

The student's parents sign a release form for the season. PM me with your e-mail if you want a copy. It's too big to attach.

-rfoco

I talked to our school attorney for that liability. It is same as any athletic event. But the most important item is the physical examination should be done. Either by the parent or the school doctor. I dont think there is any age limit to that.

one teacher used to ride and he rides his road bike to school everyday. I go to piscataway vo-tech whats great about it is rutgers ep is right around the corner so it seems like a great idea. The only problem is no students in my school would be interested and if they were they wouldnt have the money to buy even a mongose . And you probably could guess why (hint most of my school is from new brunswick/ carteret/ perth amboy)

2 dozen HS Mountain Bikers Hit JH

Vernon and Kinnelon were out in force at Jungle Habitat as 24 riders hit the trails doning school MTB Club apperel. The ride offered an A ride lead by yours truly and a B ride lead by the generous and Patient Mr. Jackson (EABODS). Thanks to all that came out and stay tuned for the next ride. Peace.

-RFOCO

Cheers to all of you bringing this to the schools. Sounds like it is working out really well.
I played team sports all thru high school but never really found much value in any of them. I was always into bikes, had places I would ride and friends to ride with but it was always a thing to go do that was away from school.
School can be cool. Keep up the good work.

things are looking good for a cycling club at saint joes. A sophomore roadie and i got the intial approval and now were gathering a list of names.

Back
Top Bottom