High Point up and over, 3/22 or 3/23

anrothar

entirely thrilled
High Point up and over loop, 3/22

i've always wanted to ride up high point.

on saturday 3/22, fred, myself, and whoever else would like to join us, will be riding up to the top from the western side, regrouping, then about 3/4 of the way down the eastern side, up into NYS and then down, down, down to the delaware river. no pressure fun ride. the quicker people will just have a longer time to rest at the top.

c'mon out and ride to the highest point in the entire state with us.

distance: about 20-25 miles.

thanks to ben for the map and route.
HighPoint.jpg

To get there:
Find your way to Route 23 and take it North. Pass the Entrance to High Point State Park. At the bottom is Montague, NJ. park in the supermarket.

i'll be on a ss mtb with slick tires.

Last edited:

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
Sweet
A good test to see where I will be for the hill climb later in the spring.
I'll do my best to be there
Giant TCR0 black & red

Wobbegong

I plugged the green line on the map in bike route toaster and got these numbers.

Distance 17.36 miles
Ascent 3677 feet
Descent 3677 feet
Start Elevation 525 feet
Finish Elevation 476 feet

This will kill me,:drooling: but I think I'm going to try and get up there for this one.

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
from Montigue to the top is the race course for the hill climb TT.
Going up the other way (*from Sussex ) is a bitch!
Whatever you guys want to do I'm in.

BiknBen

I plugged the green line on the map in bike route toaster and got these numbers.

Distance 17.36 miles
Ascent 3677 feet

That total can't be right. I don't know what the total will be but the climb up to the monument is +/-900'. The rest of the route is rolling but not hilly. It will be a tough ride for most but not 3600' of climbing.

Wobbegong

That total can't be right. I don't know what the total will be but the climb up to the monument is +/-900'. The rest of the route is rolling but not hilly. It will be a tough ride for most but not 3600' of climbing.

It did sound high. I wonder how Route toaster gets its alt. I'll try it again later and see what it says.

ArmyOfNone

woohoo for hills and this ride! Someone dont let me forget about this since I have the tendency to do such things. Ben are you rolling to this too???

ArmyOfNone

ok SO...

811 Greenville Rd, Sussex, NJ 07461 (High Point State Park) This was the addy i used is that correct? There were 4 points all in the park that came up and this one seemed best.

Catch for me is that its going to take about two hours to get up there from princeton. Ill be working that night. So is a 930-10 roll out time possible?

i gtg im getting yelled at bc im at party which i no absolutely no one and Im on the computer. :getsome:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Hey Ben,

Do you know the route you took me and Mike H on a few years back??

That was a killer ride.

If you guys do any of this stuff on a Sunday I will be there.

J

ArmyOfNone

instead of pissing in the back of the tv I drank a whole crap load of red wine which i realized last night that i really like. This will make j happy:D

BiknBen

Ben are you rolling to this too???

My roadie team is hoping to have a big gathering on the 23rd. Still tentative so I'll have to see what happens.

You may be better off without me on this ride. People tend to curse at me when going uphill. :hmmm:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
My roadie team is hoping to have a big gathering on the 23rd. Still tentative so I'll have to see what happens.

You may be better off without me on this ride. People tend to curse at me when going uphill. :hmmm:

bring it!

this aint some roadie ass-sniffing peleton crap. we'll be regrouping at the top of the hill, but on the way up, it's every man, woman and child for themselves. :getsome:

ArmyOfNone

How was the hangover?:drooling:

Pretty funny actually, I felt fine when i woke. Everyone was like OMG! Your gonna die in the morning! Granted I slept until 12 but there was a change in the clock and the cow jumped over the moon. Im no freakin amateur at this!

D

DANSPANK

I got in at 6am on Sunday from my night out. Dog woke me up at 9 to go out. Spent the day on the sofa - more tired than anything else but what a wate of a day. I'm mad.

Top Bottom