High Point up and over, 3/22 or 3/23

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I got in at 6am on Sunday from my night out. Dog woke me up at 9 to go out. Spent the day on the sofa - more tired than anything else but what a wate of a day. I'm mad.

Heh, heh, not quite as easy to pull off as it was when you were twenty, eh?

It only gets worse...

walter

Fourth Party
I got in at 6am on Sunday from my night out. Dog woke me up at 9

Really, Daniel, I'm sure all she wanted was a ride home. Thats really no way to speak of an overnight guest.

This ride sounds like it will be alot of fun, wish I could join.:(

anrothar

entirely thrilled
it's a road ride walter, just go one handed. this guy rode the last two stages of la ruta one handed.

2049990743_8f5ae903fb.jpg

walter

Fourth Party
I am going in for surgery on the 17th, so I dont think I will be making any stunt rides for a few weeks.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
bring it!

this aint some roadie ass-sniffing peleton crap. we'll be regrouping at the top of the hill, but on the way up, it's every man, woman and child for themselves. :getsome:

I second the motion. They'll only curse at you if you don't get outta the damn way fast enough..........

BiknBen

That's Easter weekend. I'm out.

While I do my Sunday worship on two wheels, I will be doing it in CT that weekend.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I may join you guys depending on the family schedule. Sounds like fun.

ryderX

If anyone is interested I'll be doing most of this ride on Sunday, plus the old crowd pleaser of Sunrise Mt. and down over towards Wallpac and up Millbrook Village.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i used to go to summer camp in millbrook village. we would go to a one room schoolhouse, each of use with a chalkboard. we'd fish in the river with string and safety pins. it was great.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Maybe u can use Webers loop in a modified version(not so far south).The current loop doesn't look so good in NY.Whatever yer the boss............

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Gearing?

I'm thinking about joining if I can get my road bike up-to-snuff by then...

I recall there are a few very steep ascents on rt 23. The lowest gear I have is 39/23; am I gonna' hurt myself? My knees ain't the greatest...

It looks like I can still get cassettes for my old ultegra 600 8-speed (HG50) in a 13-26. Should I grab one of these if I'm gonna' do this ride?

Thanks.
Tim

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
Fogerson,
I would recommend the 26 for sure. if they go up from the shopping center immediately it has a pretty consistant pitch. if you go up from the sussex side the pitch spikes a couple of times and overall is steeper.
Hope this helps.
BJK

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Fogerson,
I would recommend the 26 for sure. if they go up from the shopping center immediately it has a pretty consistant pitch. if you go up from the sussex side the pitch spikes a couple of times and overall is steeper.
Hope this helps.
BJK

Thanks Monkey Boy...I'll get the ball rollin' on that...

BiknBen

I recall there are a few very steep ascents on rt 23. The lowest gear I have is 39/23; am I gonna' hurt myself? My knees ain't the greatest...

that route is much easier done counter-clockwise. The climb up Rt23 is steady at 8%.

Sean, I assume you want to go to the Monument for pics? turn left into the park and make the first right onto a single lane road. This section rolls up and down a couple times. It reconnects to the main road just below the monument. The last 1/4 mile will be the steepest of the ride.

highpointprofile.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom