high mountain blues?

liong71er

hi everyone,...
i have visited this park several times now, also today(i live in clifton)
i've seen atv's track on the trails but no others mtbikers track:hmmm:
where's mtbikers go?? not even a single soul here, except deer n chipmunk,squirrels.
but last 4 month ago i meet three dude from canada. n thats it no one until now.bad karma perhaps,...:mad2:

btw,..i always riding from my apartment to anywhere else within my leg power reach:)(wawayanda's,ringwood,suffern,ramapo,etc)cuz i don't have cars that's why:(

peace :)

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
There is not much mountain bike traffic in there. I actually have not been there in a while. What days do you usually hit High Mountain? I know a loop that is about 5- 6 miles.

liong71er

uasually i go on saturday at 2pm or sunday at 2pm.
i would love to have a company, pm me if u have plan riding there,.thanks bro!

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
hi everyone,...

btw,..i always riding from my apartment to anywhere else within my leg power reach:)(wawayanda's,ringwood,suffern,ramapo,etc)cuz i don't have cars that's why:(

liong71er -

you ride your mtb to Waway, RW etc. from Clifton, then ride the trails?

liong71er

rode here today,this is the slowest rides i'ved ever did normaly in summer it took me 3 hrs,but not today i'm slow and old!!
the good news is i saw 2 set of tire track(mark) one day old, posible 26er fulsus made from taiwanese riders unknown but def.local peoples(smiley)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/17183833

pic #1 trailhead at entry #5 WP.
pic #2 yellow trail connecting white and blue trail.
pic #4 white trail.

Attachments

• DSCN1153.JPG
    DSCN1153.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 703
  • DSCN1155.JPG
    DSCN1155.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 730
  • DSCN1159.JPG
    DSCN1159.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 699
  • DSCN1154.JPG
    DSCN1154.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 702
  • DSCN1158.JPG
    DSCN1158.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 668
Last edited:

Engignar

When were you there yesterday? I was running there last night around 5 (Yellow trail starting in Franklin Lakes). I saw two guys riding (walking) their mtbs. One was on an old hardtail and the other on a newer full squish Giant. At first I was like "i Bet thats Liong" but alas, not to be.

liong71er

Come on Liong, you can do better then that! How tall were they? ;)

"they" are male,over 5'...i can give you more detail if you insisted!:D

Give me a shout next time you go there! All I need to do is roll out of bed and I am at the trailhead.

sure! but where am i supposed to shout at?at your door or here!:D

but i must warn you,..you're not gonna like this park.this park is suck for peoples who don't like to hike their bike and peoples who whine when they ride lousy and wet trails and loosed rocks is all over trails,also some section unrideable also there are rumors the park have "monster of death soul from the east"...but,if you insisted...sure why not. but pls don't blame me if you dislike it!!:cool:

liong

Last edited:

freeride

Can you mtb at this place (hign mtn)? I see on the garmin you went right to the entrance at the end of Reservoir in Franklin Lakes. Nice loop, can you mtb in athur park too as it is just on the other side of breakneck rd, the other side of that arthur park i think is that soccer field (oakland) that they mtb up towards ramapo and ringwood?

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Can you mtb at this place (hign mtn)? I see on the garmin you went right to the entrance at the end of Reservoir in Franklin Lakes. Nice loop, can you mtb in athur park too as it is just on the other side of breakneck rd, the other side of that arthur park i think is that soccer field (oakland) that they mtb up towards ramapo and ringwood?

Liong rode at High Mountain so I guess that answers question #1.
#2. No. Don't even bother. The only trails here are maintained by the mountain lions dragging fresh kill through the underbrush.
#3. Not even close.

Glancing Aft

#2. No. Don't even bother. The only trails here are maintained by the mountain lions dragging fresh kill through the underbrush.
#3. Not even close.

I'm still waiting for the day that some sort of trails do get established in Arthur Park. If that ever were to happen you could potentially ride from William Paterson all the way to Sheppard Lake in Ringwood, with less than a mile of riding on the road! Talk about a north jersey epic! Hey and once Sterling Forest gets further developed you could ride all the way to Jungle Habitat too!

xc62701

I'm still waiting for the day that some sort of trails do get established in Arthur Park. If that ever were to happen you could potentially ride from William Paterson all the way to Sheppard Lake in Ringwood, with less than a mile of riding on the road! Talk about a north jersey epic! Hey and once Sterling Forest gets further developed you could ride all the way to Jungle Habitat too!

That sounds delicious!

...and then a few miles of road to Wawayanda

...and then a few miles of road to Mahlon

...and then a few miles of road to KVSP

...and then a few miles of road to Allamuchy

Hehehehe

Glancing Aft

That sounds delicious!

...and then a few miles of road to Wawayanda

...and then a few miles of road to Mahlon

...and then a few miles of road to KVSP

...and then a few miles of road to Allamuchy