High Bridge: NJ’s first professionally built flow trails on public land.

pkovo

Flow trails were in good shape yesterday evening. A little dry, but decent grip.

Boy, I'm personally a long way from capturing any real flow on Blue Steel though. Props to those who ride it properly.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
So if i have the following bikes at my disposal, and have a background in Dual Slalom racing and dirt jumping, which bike would be most appropriate for the new flow trails?

150mm modern trail bike
trail hardtail with dropper post
proper dirt jumping hardtail (but with gears so i can climb up)

and if the answer is dirt jumper, do i need to throw some knobbies on it?

pkovo

So if i have the following bikes at my disposal, and have a background in Dual Slalom racing and dirt jumping, which bike would be most appropriate for the new flow trails?

150mm modern trail bike
trail hardtail with dropper post
proper dirt jumping hardtail (but with gears so i can climb up)

and if the answer is dirt jumper, do i need to throw some knobbies on it?

@gmb3 , waiting on @pkovo answer. He is crushing it.

Thanks Pat, but I'm not crushing anything....except maybe some empty beer cans ;)

So far I've only hit them on my fat-bike and my 130mm trail bike. It's really fun on both. Not sure you can go wrong on any of those bikes.

I haven't tried my DJ yest since mine is SS and I can't bring myself to push it up the hill, but guessing it would be a hoot.

Sven Migot

Checked out the HB flow trails today. Great job, but you better know how to jump if you want to let it rip! I'm not a jumper and I know nothing about what flow trails are supposed to be. I imagined it more fast & flowy. Able to go warp speed. I didn't look real close at the go arounds, but they seem offline and not built for speed. Seems more like Jump Trails instead of Flow Trails IMO. I guess my expectations were wrong. Amazing work though. A definite asset to the community. Now I need to learn how to jump.

Dingo

Was there yesterday, not my cup of tea. Other riders were there and agreed that it really didn't flow too well.

Couple of kids were on hard tails and seemed to be having a blast.

On a good note, Nassau trails were primo :)

FrankV

I go over to the pumptrack and trails way more than I should, and I absolutely think it’s perfect for learning jumping techniques, flow and skills. One thing that is lacking is a set of progression drops.
My favorite thing at creek was the progression drops when I was learning, but it isn’t accessible to many people. If we can get JORBA to fund maybe three small drops side by side somewhere along the downhill section I think it’d be rad.
Something like a 2ft, 4ft and 6ft is perfect for all riding levels!

FrankV

With drops come liability. I do not want this place to have the same fate as Alexandria Pumptrack.
Totally get that, I do think that the drops wouldn’t be big enough to cause serious injury but you are right about the liability. I do think there should be some small drop though.

Top Bottom