High Bridge: NJ’s first professionally built flow trails on public land.

Features
  • Beginner & Intermediate lines will feature berms, rollers, and jumps appropriate for designated skill levels.

Thanks! My original wording was incorrect to what my brain was thinking.

Any plans on building wooden features? Skinnies, wall rides, drops, teeters, etc...

Any plans on building wooden features? Skinnies, wall rides, drops, teeters, etc...

Gotcha... I don't know, just took that from the info posted. My guess would be no due to liability, but just a guess.

2019-11-14.jpg

Updates at http://jorba.org/parks/commons-on-the-wye/

• West side perimeter multi-use trail is complete – Corridors are cleared for two bike trails in center of project area. Both of those trails are 50% roughed in with finish work beginning this week.
  • We have now raised $25,150 of the $30,000 total project budget. Help us finish.
  • The Highrail Brewing Co. Fundraiser and family group ride on Sunday 11/10 was a huge success. We had 30+ riders of all ages and skill levels from across NJ for the ride, then over 50 folks at the brewery after. Craig at Highrail has put the “High Bridge Trail Ale” on tap and will donate $1 per pint to the project for the life of the batch.
  • Most work should be complete by end of next week (11/22).
  • Trail opening date TBD.
  • Going great overall. People are going to love it once complete.

Probably not, we need to finish fundraising to pay for these features before we can start adding others.

2019-11-14.jpg

Updates at http://jorba.org/parks/commons-on-the-wye/

• West side perimeter multi-use trail is complete – Corridors are cleared for two bike trails in center of project area. Both of those trails are 50% roughed in with finish work beginning this week.
  • We have now raised $25,150 of the $30,000 total project budget. Help us finish.
  • The Highrail Brewing Co. Fundraiser and family group ride on Sunday 11/10 was a huge success. We had 30+ riders of all ages and skill levels from across NJ for the ride, then over 50 folks at the brewery after. Craig at Highrail has put the “High Bridge Trail Ale” on tap and will donate $1 per pint to the project for the life of the batch.
  • Most work should be complete by end of next week (11/22).
  • Trail opening date TBD.
  • Going great overall. People are going to love it once complete.
AWESOME !

Amazing! This came together a lot quicker than i expected. I hope the completion timing in the middle of freeze/thaw season doesn't cause issues.

yea, I will be very familiar with this place. Looks awesome. And will really make the Nassau/voorhees loop that much better. To the East of these trails is a path that goes to creager rd. There is a bunch of land in that area as well. I wonder if there are any plans that Area.

This is awesome. It's also like 15 mins from my in-laws in Long Valley. From now on I'll have to start bringing my bike when we go visit.

Ran a few laps around the pump track yesterday on my way to Nassau and saw a machine running. Im so excited for this!

I will do my duty and fill a growler or two of the trail IPA this weekend. I’m not crazy into IPAs but this one is really smooth and delicious!

JORBA has some exciting news.
High Bridge, NJ has approved adding directional, progressive, family-friendly,
skill building bike trails to existing system leveraging proximity to pump track,
Columbia Trail and Nassau Trails system to further establish High Bridge as a destination MTB venue.
Project details here: https://sites.google.com/jorba.org/commonsonthewye/home

JORBA has committed $15,000 in funds for this project in partnership with High Bridge Boro and Avid Trails.
We have started applying for grants, and are reaching out to the MTB community in NJ to raise another $15,000.
  • Two new downhill, directional, MTB designated flow trails.
  • 2,050 linear foot beginner flow / jump trail (5.4% avg. grade)
  • 1,450 linear foot intermediate flow / jump trail (7% avg. grade)
  • Maintain multi-use perimeter loop trail, including existing alignment on east side of project area.
  • New multi-use, multi-directional trail on West side.
  • Utilize segments of existing trail wherever possible.
(

We have already applied to Outdoor Research and we will be applying to People for Bikes,
as part of their effort to get more kids on bikes.

Again, we need your help, in spreading the word, or just making a donation.
(Select: Donation for Commons High Bridge)

(Very) late in seeing this. What is the purple colored trail on the right side of this map?

(Very) late in seeing this. What is the purple colored trail on the right side of this map?

that’s kind of an unmaintained walking trail that goes from the Columbia Trail lot to Cregar Rd. It ends where I circled on the below.
I’ve used it a bunch of times and it’s just a steep washed out double track. At the top there are some huge trees down And blocking the trail. I haven’t taken it in a while so not sure if they’re still down. It was a PITA to get around it with my bike. But with these new trails going in, I’d imagine that trail will get more use. I’ll volunteer Some time to get it passable.
C91F42D2-FF4E-4BFB-935E-026F3D02CB1E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom