Hi Ya'll

qsilvr99

Been lurking for a few weeks, wanted to say hello and introduce myself:

I'm an eight year transplant from North Central Florida, GO GATORS, where I grew up riding flat singletrack and reverse mountains a.k.a. sinkholes/limerock pits. If you are ever around Ocala, hit up Santos Trails.

When I first moved up I rode quite a bit and have ridden: Tourne, Sourland, Ringwood, Wawayanda, Rocky Point, L.I., and Mountain Creek (before it became Diablo I think; gotta love the gondolas). Became a workaholic and rode my bike for the first time in probably five years at Jorbafest.

My apologies to the three o'clock intermediate riders, I had my butt handed to me on the hills and was pulling up the rear. I have no problem going down, it's the going up portion that I'm trying to get back into.

I probably picked the worst time of the year to get back into the swing of things with limited daylight, but that's what the headlight is for:getsome:. So I'm definately up for a niteride so long as you don't mind a slowpoke for a little while; nothing like group rides for motivation.

Tourne has been my main stomping grounds and am looking for other places close to Parsippany for a quick ride after work.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
welcome aboard,
yes those hills were quite humbling to say the least but I need to go back for a rematch..:)

dualfisted

hey, yo!!!!!!

I was more than happy to have the intermediate pace slowed on the 3 o'clock group ride @ the fest, it made me look good, and allowed me time to recover from having just done the early inter. ride, so thank you very much. Going uphill rulz!!! It just hurts too.

qsilvr99

Hill work: I hate it, but you have to pay to play.

First got into mtb while working/vacationing in NC when I was 15. The town was on the side of Mt. Mitchel so in July you woke up to 40deg. weather, looking down on the clouds, and nothing but hills.

I must have started out in May walking 90% of the time to riding 95% of the time by August.

Pointers on cold weather/rain riding would be much appreciated. Also, anything on helping with the lactic acid issue. Bananas only help out so much.

xc62701

Hill work: I hate it, but you have to pay to play.

First got into mtb while working/vacationing in NC when I was 15. The town was on the side of Mt. Mitchel so in July you woke up to 40deg. weather, looking down on the clouds, and nothing but hills.

I must have started out in May walking 90% of the time to riding 95% of the time by August.

Pointers on cold weather/rain riding would be much appreciated. Also, anything on helping with the lactic acid issue. Bananas only help out so much.

Basically for cold/rain riding find GOOD gear wear you are comfortable and can stay reasonably warm. Cold can make your legs cramp bad and just be miserable. Layer so you can peel if you need. I layer all my usual stuff and wear a windjacket to fend off rain and wind of course and lobster gloves and booties for the extremities if need be. This keeps me comfy down to single digits. Training is the best way to deal with lactic acid. As far as cramping try some endurolytes. They kick a$$!

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I was more than happy to have the intermediate pace slowed on the 3 o'clock group ride @ the fest, it made me look good, and allowed me time to recover from having just done the early inter. ride, so thank you very much. Going uphill rulz!!! It just hurts too.
cept that you are an animal riding the fully rigid on the trails was there anyone that was able to keep up with you..?:)
what are you doing sunday down for a ride I figure to ride from the house bout 10:00 catch tiger woods then do the ride with Nick...piper1958 or something like that..

Top Bottom