Hi, new guy here, Montclair area, looking for riding friends

There are 59 YouTube videos on the place lol
Yeah , I watched a few of those videos too. I've never been. I noticed in the one video they met at the middle school. I guess if you live close it's worth a look. I think there is some type of trail that goes through Little Falls as well. Again , never been. It's sad but for any real mountain bike trails you need to get in your car and leave Essex County. Highest taxed county in the state. But you riff - raff mountain bikers need to leave. I'm sure South Mountain has some beautiful views. Never seen these trails. Lived here in Nutley my whole life but never was allowed to ride these trails ( once I took up mtn biking anyway ). The rich folks like to go hiking maybe 6 times out of the year and prefer not to see a soul on their " private trails ". I guess they win

Yeah , I watched a few of those videos too. I've never been. I noticed in the one video they met at the middle school. I guess if you live close it's worth a look. I think there is some type of trail that goes through Little Falls as well. Again , never been. It's sad but for any real mountain bike trails you need to get in your car and leave Essex County. Highest taxed county in the state. But you riff - raff mountain bikers need to leave. I'm sure South Mountain has some beautiful views. Never seen these trails. Lived here in Nutley my whole life but never was allowed to ride these trails ( once I took up mtn biking anyway ). The rich folks like to go hiking maybe 6 times out of the year and prefer not to see a soul on their " private trails ". I guess they win
“Droppin”

otherwise you are either trespassing or riding in a no bike area

Out of curiosity, are "no bike areas" documented anywhere? Some of the property adjacent to the rail trail is Cedar Grove township property. Does CG actually prohibit riding on town land?

I don't know anything about the land we are talking about, but the ban is only for Essex County parks as far as I'm aware. There isn't an outright ban on township land that happens to be in Essex County.
Precisely... county property is different from township property (and county property doesn't necessarily equate to county parks, but you can probably assume that, if asked, Joey D would say no bikes).

I don't know anything about the land we are talking about, but the ban is only for Essex County parks as far as I'm aware. There isn't an outright ban on township land that happens to be in Essex County.

Correct. There's legal mtb at a small park in Livingston as well.

Back
Top Bottom