Hi from California

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Hey fuggas, just dropping in to say hey and throw a few pics down. I am out in Petaluma for training for a month, then off to Tahoe for vacation. All I have with me is the road bike, and the rides have been epic. I have logged well over 400 miles in two weeks, hoping to hit 1k for the month. The hills are humbling and the weather is really amazing. It has rained once, the rest of the time it has been 50's in the morn/eve and 70-80's in the mid day. Perfect riding temps.

Nocasio reservoir, I pass this on my 50 mile loop:
IMG_3612a.jpg

The base at sunrise, I see this when walking to class or to the pool (outdoor pool!) to swim in the a.m.:

IMG_3469a.jpg

Bodega Head, we did a team walk out there and it is the destination on one of my out and back 40 mile loops. (Nice after class distance)
IMG_3515a.jpg

Kind of cool sight on the walk:
IMG_3526a.jpg

It has been really dry here, no joke:
IMG_3460a.jpg

More pics when I get out of class or something. See you all soon!

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Roadie section, bah! Didnt you see the sweet singletrack along the cliff Harms? :D

Here is some more fake st:
IMG_3565a.jpg

Kinda hard to see, but this max speed (pushing 50 in your underwear is cool!) is fairly common. Being from the flatlands this is a new and extremely awesome thing for me:
IMG_3473.jpg

Attachment pic is the top of one of the more amazing descents in the immediate area. It is over by Dillon Beach, scary fast descent for what seems like miles. The climb to get there and one steep climb after it are just brutal. Rode 30 miles today that felt like 75 back home. have I mentioned that I love CA?

Attachments

• IMG_3622a.jpg
    IMG_3622a.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
F

Fourtyfell

Wow it looks beautiful there. Reminds me of my trip to australia a bit.

bobkennelly

Well, Dillon beach, is that by Stinson beach?, I was out in that area in 1977, just after Elvis bit the dust. Could not believe how nice it was, Even back then I was saying to my brother,what the hell am I doin livin in jersey? Now in 2008 I am saying the same thing...My brother moved out there in 1976 and never looked back..

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Yes Bob, Stinson is right down to the south from Dillon. Awesome area, I keep asking myhself the same questions.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Just bought my ticket this AM for a week in carlsbad next month.

I do this same trip every fall.

Wake up early.. Surf till my arms fall off.

Eat a ton.

Ride

Sleep

Surf

Drink

Repeat.

crash_in_nj

If everyone who said, "Why am I still living in NJ?" would just leave, I might just be able to afford to live here. :)

Of course, I'd be seriously jealous that everyone moved off the the places I want to live. But hey, you can't have it all.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Stumbled upon a little shindig in Fairfax yesterday, it was awesome.
Met Gary Fisher and discussed New Jersey and Ex wives. He is a rock star in my book, great guy.

IMG_3845.jpg

Talked to Jeff Jones for quite a while, mostly about kids and the benefits of bikes early in their lives. He had some good advice for my latest, and overall I found him to be a truly awesome guy. Space frame is on my short list of "last bike I buy" when I turn 40.
IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

There was some great townie bikes on display, here is Ellsworth's take on one.
IMG_3849.jpg

Have I mentioned that I love NorCal lately?

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Hey Bro,

Looks like fun.

I am not sure how Jeff Jones gets any bikes built as he has been on a tradeshow / media blitz as of late.

See you soon.

j-

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Hey Bro,

Looks like fun.

I am not sure how Jeff Jones gets any bikes built as he has been on a tradeshow / media blitz as of late.

See you soon.

j-

I talked a bit about the Merlin deal with him and he was real down to earth about it. Bottom line was that he feels that they are producing a product that meets or exceeds his standards. He said he makes on an average like 8 bikes a year now. It was funny to hear him talk about people who "were on the list to get on the waiting list".

He showed me one of his and a merlin, no way in hell I could tell the diff. Same tubes, same sweet welds, etc.

Have fun in Carlsbad dood. Waves were pretty ok this weekend up here, but I didnt score any gear. Rode my butt off though, and that little Biketoberfest was amazing.

More playing CG this week, then crossing my fingers that Downieville comes together next weekend. Want to take a norcal detour? :D

FFT - If you read this I got your message, I dun have that 5 mill. If you need a suit I can get you one though, I have peeps with keys there.

Top Bottom