Hey this is Airjocks!!!

A

ajrocks

As the name suggests I play rock, mainly bass, been in tons of bands...anyways, my girl got me into MTBKing and I enjoy it. We started with the delaware canal, missed the turn off and ended up doing about 40 miles.

I always had street bikes, well BMX when I was younger but never did anything crazy, my friends did get into stunts and stuff.

Anyways, we've done Ringwood state park (parts of it) and we tried Chimney Rock, which we read about on here and two other sites...
I mistakenly thought that colored trails ment things like when skiing...boy was I wrong!!!

So chimney Rock is way out of our league, okay white trail following the reserviour wasn't too bad, till the last turn up the hill!!!

SO here's my question...what trails are easy, more than straight but not deathdefying jumps and roots, where we can get use to riding fast through the trail without having to worry about roots, sharp rocks and steep drops and climbs?

Thanks for the help!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Check Out Six Mile. Its pretty close to you being in Greenbrook.

Ive taken my wife there a few times and she has a good time. Nothing like Chimney Rock.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Good to have you aboard. Hope to see you on the trails soon. Keep an eye on this site for rides of all shapes and sizes.

D

DANSPANK

Hi, I'm Dan. And, well, you know...

Welcome to the site, chap.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
As the name suggests I play rock, mainly bass, been in tons of bands...anyways, my girl got me into MTBKing and I enjoy it. We started with the delaware canal, missed the turn off and ended up doing about 40 miles.

I always had street bikes, well BMX when I was younger but never did anything crazy, my friends did get into stunts and stuff.

Anyways, we've done Ringwood state park (parts of it) and we tried Chimney Rock, which we read about on here and two other sites...
I mistakenly thought that colored trails ment things like when skiing...boy was I wrong!!!

So chimney Rock is way out of our league, okay white trail following the reserviour wasn't too bad, till the last turn up the hill!!!

SO here's my question...what trails are easy, more than straight but not deathdefying jumps and roots, where we can get use to riding fast through the trail without having to worry about roots, sharp rocks and steep drops and climbs?

Thanks for the help!

A good question to ask is are you interested in doing Chimney Rock type trails eventually and are looking for trails that are more introductory? Or are you looking to just ride rail trail types of trails. There are plenty of both types. I went from finding Chimney Rock extremely difficult to being pretty easy in a matter of a couple of months. It is a rather rewarding place in that sense. Of course i still haven't ridden the orange trail which is suppose to be the hardest.

A

ajrocks

yea I'd like learning trails to be able to do chimney rock, my girl says we should just keep doig chimney rock..I guess that makes sense.but I really don't want to DIE!!!! I'm 42, and still kind of act like I'm 20...have had a desk job and have to drive to see clients, and the past few years have taken a toll, so I'm a bit out of shape.... we've been very active this summer though, biking, canoing, hiking, camping.

Have a question about curtisy and manners though.

We were coming up to where the stream is on the white trail and saw a couple coming at us..we pulled out of the way into the grass so they could come down and up without losing tempo...

The guy made it and elled to the girl to go faster don't slow down, but she didn't quite make it and ended up falling off the bike, not the onto the ground but off the bike...some guy came flying down and up and had to jump off his bike so he wouldn't hurt the other two.

Now that stream and trail part you can see a bit, so he should have seen her and the other guy, we were right around the corner waiting, we thought he was with them, and aparently he got made and made a nasty comment to al of us that we were in the way.

Well okay they were, we weren't....but he should have seen them and waited right?

What's the etiquette....

I have heard/read the road cyclists and MTBer's have a serious hate relationship.

So is there an etiquette here, or is it everyman for themselves and screw the others....by the way, I don't seem to get that idea from this board.

BiknBen

Have a question about curtisy and manners though.

What's the etiquette....

When changing the topic...you start a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum. That way others will be able to find it when searching and not have to ask again.

...and roadies suck!

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
So is there an etiquette here, or is it everyman for themselves and screw the others....by the way, I don't seem to get that idea from this board.

Uphill rider has the right of way. and I usually dont pass without a bit of caution when I see a dismounted rider.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok, every time I see this thread pop to the top, I read it this way:

Hey this is AirJocks!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
What is an airjock? Are those like them crazy RedBull plane guys that fly through the cones at 200mph?

-Jim.

Top Bottom