Hey, long distance fans... have you seen this?

xc62701

Yes dang it! But why is it so close to my other races? Sheesh. I really wish I could do this. Those trails are really fun and well worth it. If you have the opportunity, DO IT!!!

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Haven't been up that way in a while but as I recall, the trails were very "Stewart"-like, but a bit rockier, true?

Pokgirl

Spork
Yes dang it! But why is it so close to my other races? Sheesh. I really wish I could do this. Those trails are really fun and well worth it. If you have the opportunity, DO IT!!!

Dude, DUDE!, you gotta! Chris says it would fit in nicely into his training schedule, so you should be the same, no?

xc62701

Haven't been up that way in a while but as I recall, the trails were very "Stewart"-like, but a bit rockier, true?

I could see it described that way. It's a lot of fun flowy stuff with not much vert(a few interesting hills) and a blast to ride. There is one section of trail through some tiny trees that is a blast cause you can't go that fast as it's too tight and doubles back on itself over and over. Really pretty cool. It's awesome at night...that's the only time I've done it(for their Halloween night race).

THATmanMANNY

question about these endurances races if you're riding solo... how long do you go for and then break for and repeat? Or do you just do something absolutely insane and ride nearly all 12 hrs? :eek:

RNG1

I wanted to do the Holloween thing there, if someone tries to put a team together and needs a person I might be able to join in.

xc62701

question about these endurances races if you're riding solo... how long do you go for and then break for and repeat? Or do you just do something absolutely insane and ride nearly all 12 hrs? :eek:

It all depends on the mentality. The winners will barely stop. Maybe a few laps in a row - break long enough to choke down food and bust out more laps. There won't really be down time. If you're doing it the first time pace yourself and try out what works for you. I usually(depending on the course) try to do a few laps first with no breaks and then take really short breaks only when necessary until the time is up.

For some reason I am special - I turn a 24 hour race into a 25 hour race normally :drooling:

Kmoodymz3

The amount you ride in a 12 or 24 hour depends on your training and goals for the race. I train to ride the whole time as my goals (set at least 4 months before the event) are usually to be in the top 1/3 of women.

I don't stop for anything other than a refill of the camelbak ( I use all liquid nutrition) or when nature calls, and the goal for my stops is to keep them to less than 2 minutes.

However for as many of us wing nuts out there burning up the miles there are still plenty who do a few laps, rest, cheer on other riders, have a snack, and then do a few more. It is all about what you want out of the race/event.

Having fun is the most important thing! If you aren't having fun why would you do it?:D

The amount you ride in a 12 or 24 hour depends on your training and goals for the race. I train to ride the whole time as my goals (set at least 4 months before the event) are usually to be in the top 1/3 of women.

I don't stop for anything other than a refill of the camelbak ( I use all liquid nutrition) or when nature calls, and the goal for my stops is to keep them to less than 2 minutes.

However for as many of us wing nuts out there burning up the miles there are still plenty who do a few laps, rest, cheer on other riders, have a snack, and then do a few more. It is all about what you want out of the race/event.

Having fun is the most important thing! If you aren't having fun why would you do it?:D

I will race in this one.

Top Bottom