Here are some real badasses:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah this is pretty big topic of discussion on the Endurance Forums over at MTBR. They're all insane.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Yeah this is pretty big topic of discussion on the Endurance Forums over at MTBR. They're all insane.

Every time I look at that site i get a knot in my belly from all the mud slinging and shit talking. There are many whining asses who hide behind their screen names..

Anyway.. A ride like this has to break you body down such that you will do more harm than good.

The sickest i have been has been after solo 24 hrs events. These guys are animals for sure but they might be killing themselves slowly.

j-

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Every time I look at that site i get a knot in my belly from all the mud slinging and shit talking. There are many whining asses who hide behind their screen names..

Anyway.. A ride like this has to break you body down such that you will do more harm than good.

The sickest i have been has been after solo 24 hrs events. These guys are animals for sure but they might be killing themselves slowly.

j-

Yes MTBR is obviously awful at times. The specific sub-forums are really good, or can be. The Specialized forum is just so rife with information it's a great asset. The Endurance Racing is a good forum, for the most part. XC Training and Racing, well things get a little dicey there. And of course the sister of this site is just a cesspool now.

One of the guys who does the crazy events is an e-friend of mine, Dave Harris. He broke the GLR record this year hold a few others. The guy is out of this world really. I think he was ramping up to give it his all at the 24 solo worlds but he broke himself pretty badly at the BC Bike Race (formerly 7) last week.

bruce.b

Dickwad
GDR is the only race I badly want to do. Singlespeed, of course, since that's what I ride. The SS record (22 days) while an excellent time and a great first attempt, doesn't seem out of reach. Average 114 miles per day and it's yours.

As far as this race being unhealthy, I doubt racing at a high level is ever healthy. It's surely a lot healthier than being a couch potato(e).

The biggest danger in the GDR is probably nerve damage in your hands/wrists. The former record holder reported that 3 years after he raced he still has some lingering effects.

bruce boysen

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
GDR is the only race I badly want to do. Singlespeed, of course, since that's what I ride. The SS record (22 days) while an excellent time and a great first attempt, doesn't seem out of reach. Average 114 miles per day and it's yours.

As far as this race being unhealthy, I doubt racing at a high level is ever healthy. It's surely a lot healthier than being a couch potato(e).

The biggest danger in the GDR is probably nerve damage in your hands/wrists. The former record holder reported that 3 years after he raced he still has some lingering effects.

bruce boysen

He should try some ergons.

j

Top Bottom