Help!

J

joanqs

Somehow only 1 month after getting back to work I am slipping into the no ride zone. I am down to approx. 1 ride a week and 1 on the weekend.

I don't know the reason exactly perhaps it's because I am getting up at 5am, and going to bed late. It could be because I deal with over 100 \12 -13 year old kids during the day. It also may have something to do with a week and a half of bomb threats which have led to evacuations lasting over 1.5 hours or early dismissal (please stop if it is you - it really sucks for everyone). Perhaps I just suck or am completely lazy but whatever it is I need your help.

I have a regular Thursday ride lined up (thank you girls) but am in need of a Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday ride. I can ride Ringwood, JH, Wawayanda or Mahlon..and I can be there as early as 2:45. :drooling: If I don't commit to a ride with a group I find myself drooling when I get home from work.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SpartaBard

Funny... i have fallen into the same routine. Once school started again it has been very tough to get out more than once or twice a week.

If you are interested in a ride at MD I would be up for it.

Wazu

Brad I still want to do Mahlon badly. I can't till next week but I'd love to do a Tuesday or Friday. Pick one and I'm there. If you want to do Ringwood this Sunday let me know. My friend Ryan and I will be going at 11:30. It will be a modest pace for sure. I've gone fast on sight unseen trails before. Usually ends up in something broken on me, the bike or both. Lemme know my friend....G ps that ride gone bad post you sent me from Norm is hilarious/sad. We can all relate though.

Shaggz

A strong 7
troubles on the home front have really slashed my already less-than-stellar TIS. Brad, how about a Tuesday night special?

SpartaBard

Joan, maybe we can get a group ride together next week at MD. What would work better for you, Tuesday or Friday?

Looking at my schedule for next week, I am done with class fairly early and can probably escape and be riding by 3-3:30.

Wazu - what time can you ride at for those days?

Maybe if Anrothar is reading this he will join us as well.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i'm looking to take it easy, so if he can dumb it down, i've got know problem with that - sorry for shitting on your thread, joan.

J

joanqs

I would love to ride Mahlon. I haven't been there since the beginning of the summer. Let's plan for next Tuesday?? Anytime after 2:30 is fine with me.

SpartaBard

ok, I can probably sneak out of work early next Tuesday. I can probably be up there by 3-3:30.

Wazu are you still going to join us?

Shaggz, maybe you can meet up with us towards the end of the ride.

xc62701

It could be because I deal with over 100 \12 -13 year old kids during the day. It also may have something to do with a week and a half of bomb threats which have led to evacuations lasting over 1.5 hours or early dismissal

I know how you feel. I'm at the high school and have 100, 14-17 yr olds and I would love to have a week of normalcy! These threats are downright draining. I'm still getting out pretty often though. I was at Blue Mtn Tuesday, did a road ride into Warwick - Greenwood lake yesterday. But overall I just feel flat. I'm going home to take a nap today. I just need to rest as life is just draining right now. You gotta fight through it!!!

xc62701

I have a regular Thursday ride lined up (thank you girls) but am in need of a Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday ride. I can ride Ringwood, JH, Wawayanda or Mahlon..and I can be there as early as 2:45. :drooling: If I don't commit to a ride with a group I find myself drooling when I get home from work.

I'm always looking for someone to ride in Wawayanda or Ringwood with. It's more fun to have someone there when you almost hit a bear each time you ride in Waway.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey Ryan - Bill here. Met on preride at LM and on Bulldog road rides. I am planning on meeting Will (glancingaft) @ 5:30 tonight Ringwood. Leave from Ryerson school lot. Run the race course and maybe more. Bringing lights expecting to go into darkness.

xc62701

Hey Ryan - Bill here. Met on preride at LM and on Bulldog road rides. I am planning on meeting Will (glancingaft) @ 5:30 tonight Ringwood. Leave from Ryerson school lot. Run the race course and maybe more. Bringing lights expecting to go into darkness.

Let me say maybe...I'm a bit tired but maybe I can sneak in a ride.

J

joanqs

I'm always looking for someone to ride in Wawayanda or Ringwood with. It's more fun to have someone there when you almost hit a bear each time you ride in Waway.

I am riding Wawayanda tomorrow (saturday). I am flexible with time so PM me if you want to go. The last two times I rode I didn't see any bear, weird...i am starting to worry i usually see them (as you mentioned) everytime.

J

joanqs

Funny... i have fallen into the same routine. Once school started again it has been very tough to get out more than once or twice a week.

If you are interested in a ride at MD I would be up for it.

Keep me posted on Tuesday. Laura and Pixychick are thinking about riding up for a 3:30ish depart.

Top Bottom