Help with tubes

scotth

Hello All,

Will a tube that has a range marked on the box from 1.85-2.20 work on a 2.4 tire? Do they make tubes specific for a 2.4 tire? The problem is I already had them out of the box and half way on the tire before I realized what the box said on it. Thank you for any help or advice.

Regards,

Scott

Hello All,

Will a tube that has a range marked on the box from 1.85-2.20 work on a 2.4 tire? Do they make tubes specific for a 2.4 tire? The problem is I already had them out of the box and half way on the tire before I realized what the box said on it. Thank you for any help or advice.

Regards,

Scott

you will strech the tube thin in the tire, you will increase yout chances to get flats and pinches. I would not recommend.

emrah

Gregg

Tubes

Best to use the proper size tube for your tire. I know that Bike and Gear has the tubes you need in stock. Good luck.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
If you are running a 29 x 2.4 Conti a 2.4 tube not only does not exist (to my knowledge) but Conti's run pretty small for the given size.

A conti 2.4 is more like a 2.25 from anyone else.

J_

scotth

Thanks Jdog, I was in earlier this mourning and you helped me out. It seems I'm going to have to re-learn bike parts as they have gotten more complicated in the past 20 years.

Regards,

Scott

Deezul

A similar question...When I pick up my new bike *wave Jason @halters* I will be getting spare tubes. Are self sealing tubes worth it/do they work? And what does slime do and how do you apply it?

Top Bottom