Help with building an Internet forum

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Jason @soundz @Norm any advice for when I launch it to help keep things manageable since I’m a one man show right now. I don’t expect a mad rush but I want to be prepared. How do I help minimize Spammers or someone from causing chaos in the forum and those pissed off that I’m starting the forum and there are some of course. Yeah I’ll get to that story in a minute. Any suggestions on how to keep things in order when I need a break and don’t want to monitor it 24/7, maybe this isn’t an option.

I think @Patrick will be of more help than me here. If I was to run a forum, it would quickly become like 4chan.

Rogers

Ok another question. Site is up. How do I get the google search engine to bring up my site in a search. I’ve signed up for Google Site Console and site mapped. Anything else I can do or is it a matter of getting traffic to the site now by alternative means so that the google web crawlers find it? Or something like that?

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Ok another question. Site is up. How do I get the google search engine to bring up my site in a search. I’ve signed up for Google Site Console and site mapped. Anything else I can do or is it a matter of getting traffic to the site now by alternative means so that the google we crawlers find it? Or something like that?

there is some magic you enter in your DNS - that helps.

You'll need tags and content, and people linking to your site. (more links to you, means more people are interested in it.)

Feel free to mention it in here. as long as you don't talk about bikes ;)

Rogers

You'll need tags and content, and people linking to your site. (more links to you, means more people are interested in it.)

Feel free to mention it in here. as long as you don't talk about bikes ;)

Like @Patrick said above I need links to my website. So here it is. Please at minimum click the link and even better share it. To support the idea of bringing this up on a mountain bike forum, this website talks about the van I transport my bike in. ;)

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Like @Patrick said above I need links to my website. So here it is. Please at minimum click the link and even better share it. To support the idea of bringing this up on a mountain bike forum, this website talks about the van I transport my bike in. ;)

go on reddit and feel free to share. there's lots of sub-reddits that this would be good in

jnos

Chris,
@cdrmtbiker Add that link to your signature on MTBNJ. Good luck with the new forum.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'd adapt an alternate name at some point

Revel Lyfe ? something trendy. gotta pop!

Rogers

True story. If you google "Winnebago Revel Forum" it still isn't populating the forum website but on page 2 of the google search results, the 17th result is this thread lol. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom