Help with break line routing

Mr_T

Hi there...I just realized the person who assembled my bike routed the break line on the outside of the front fork (see pic). It there an easy way to re-route it myself or do I need to bring it into a shop where they will need to re-bleed the line.

2008-08-29041resize.jpg

Gregg

Solution

Remove the two 4mm( or they may be 3mm) bolts holding the brake lever on the bar, remove the wheel, and route the house one the other side of the fork and tighten the brake lever back on the bar.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Remove the two 4mm( or they may be 3mm) bolts holding the brake lever on the bar, remove the wheel, and route the house one the other side of the fork and tighten the brake lever back on the bar.

Probably would be easier to do the this with the brake caliper vs the lever. Those brake calipers don't require spacers so just pull the wheel off, remove the two bolts holding the caliper to the fork and swing it around the inside of the fork.

Mr_T

Thanks guys.....after staring at the bike for about 10min. (again not knowing much), I was thinking that I could just remove the wheel and move the caliper around, but didn't want to attempt anything because it was getting late. Now that I have seen your posts...I know what to do.

Thanks again!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Looking at the pic I also might recommend moving the brake levers and shifters in on the bars a bit. Try it. Give about 1/2 an inch on both sides. It just keeps the knuckles of your thumbs away from the triggers as you fist the bars.

I also wanted to say that those are my favorite flat pedals. Nice choice.

Mr_T

Looking at the pic I also might recommend moving the brake levers and shifters in on the bars a bit. Try it. Give about 1/2 an inch on both sides. It just keeps the knuckles of your thumbs away from the triggers as you fist the bars.

Thanks jdog....I really like the pedals too, they seemed to be 'a' clear choice for platforms given the reviews and appear to be living up to the comments I have read. I will take your advice on the shifters as well. Thanks again!

-Marc

don

I agree. I run my brake levers in about a 1/2" from my lock-on's on my bikes save for the DJ rig (but that has a shorty lever). Besides keeping your thumbs out of the way - it puts your fingers in a great spot for 2 finger braking on the levers.

MTB Aussie

Thanks jdog....I really like the pedals too, they seemed to be 'a' clear choice for platforms given the reviews and appear to be living up to the comments I have read. I will take your advice on the shifters as well. Thanks again!

-Marc
That's a nice rig Mr T.

What I want to know is: How many beers have you opened with the hanger opener so far?

Mr_T

That's a nice rig Mr T.

What I want to know is: How many beers have you opened with the hanger opener so far?

Hey Aussie....I rode Chimney with you last Monday morning on that group ride...I was the dude who walked up 90% of the climbs...lol. Had a blast...thanks for leading the way. So far I've opened 1 beer; consumed it while I was re-routing the break line and moving the brake levers and shifters in on the bars.

-Marc

Top Bottom