help set up bike

DonnDenn

hey guys whats up so I'm new to the biking world and I'm enjoying it a lot! well i just bought a new bike and would need help setting it up i figured id ask here before i brought it to the bike shop and they rape me with the cost and i can learn to do the things my self ill post a pic of the bike! i live in gloucester county hopefully someone can help thank you guys.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 103
there will be no raping here... shop owners I know are really swell folks
what's wrong with the bike set up now?
looks like the seatpost is maxed out, did you buy the right sized bike?

there will be no raping here... shop owners I know are really swell folks
what's wrong with the bike set up now?
looks like the seatpost is maxed out, did you buy the right sized bike?

yes i ordered it off line it will be at my house in a couple days...thats the picture off eBay

If everything on the bike works correctly, there really shouldn't be much to adjust other than seat height. Ride it for a bit to see if you want other adjustments. Stem, bars etc.

if you are keen on learning to wrench on a bike by yourself, Youtube is your best friend. Buy yourself a toolkit and a big data plan.

first advice, even though I'm sure you're just kidding, don't defame shops here, they are also part of our community :)
solid price, how tall are you? just want make sure the small is the right ballpark
youtube/internet is your friend, then ask more specific questions here

Pro-Tip: Shops don't tend to rape you (in fact, they usually offer a free fit) when you purchase the bike from them.

Find out what the manufacturers recommended sag settings are, get a ruler and shock pump, set your sag, ride, adjust as necessary.

i was kidding about the raping i love my bike shop i was thinking more or less setting up the suspension

hey guys whats up so I'm new to the biking world and I'm enjoying it a lot! well i just bought a new bike and would need help setting it up i figured id ask here before i brought it to the bike shop and they rape me with the cost and i can learn to do the things my self ill post a pic of the bike! i live in gloucester county hopefully someone can help thank you guys.
Rape is a strong word , just remember that you are walking into a small business that is brick and mortar , they have a lot of overhead , just heat alone I'm sure is a killer . Most are shops owned by guys that you will see on trail , I prefer to pay to have my bikes worked on , I'm not not into wrenching and I want someone else to blame when " it " happens .

It's tubeless just wondering if I should keep it that way
it's already set up why go backwards, I'd take a weekend to learn about tubeless
clean out the sealant boogers and add new sealant, there's tons of videos on this
you may need a compressor to seat/pop the tyre beads
its a good idea to carry a light weight tube in case you burp out the tire and can't get it back on in the trails

It's tubeless just wondering if I should keep it that way

I don't know anybody who has ever gone back from a proper tubeless set-up. I've now converted all my MTBs and I wouldn't go back. Too much time on the trail changing flats due to the dreaded "snake-bite flat". If you want to run lower pressures, tubeless is where its at. But, yes, still carry a spare tube. Just expect to use it way, way, way, less.

Back
Top Bottom