Help ME - Fox Float PLEASE

Glancing Aft

I know this should go under marketplace on the forum, but I'm DESPERATE. It seems while night riding tonight I managed to blow out the rear shock on my bike :mad2: I'm hoping to race at Tymor this weekend and am now kind of bikeless. So while I weigh in my possible options, I was wondering if anybody on the site may have a Fox Float or Fox Float RP2 for a Cannondale Rush that they might have upgraded from and would be willing to sell?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Campmor fixed my blown shock in 2 or 3 days over the winter. "Geoff replaces these seals in his sleep," was something I heard. Give em a call tomorrow morning.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
GA,

What is the center to center? I have a Fox Float R from a Fuel 90 that might work.

Tim

Glancing Aft

Campmor fixed my blown shock in 2 or 3 days over the winter. "Geoff replaces these seals in his sleep," was something I heard. Give em a call tomorrow morning.
I'll give them a call first thing in the morning...

GA,

What is the center to center? I have a Fox Float R from a Fuel 90 that might work.

Tim

7.5", let me know!

you can always run it blown or place a piece of metal bar where your shock goes and ride it as a hardtail

I think I'll pass, I rode home with it blown out and my feet kept hitting the ground, it wasn't much fun :D

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
GA,

Sorry, just measured and it's a 6 3/8" don't think it will work for you. But if it will help let me know.

Tim

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I have a 7.5"x2.0" Romic coil with a 650# spring of my Turner 5-spot you can borrow. It'd probably make the bike evil, but you're welcome to try.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Whatever the hell came on my '06 Stumpjumper is yours to try but I'm guessing it also won't fit.

J-Dro

Will, I don't know what stroke size you need but I have a Romic 7.5 x 2" shock that came off mt 5-spot that you can borrow if you want. It's a coil shock so it will be a bit heavier then your RP2 but its works fine and is plush.

Glancing Aft

Tim and Jeff, my shock has a 1.75" stroke. It says repetitively in the manual not to go with an oversized shock for the safety of the frame. So I'm guessing 2" would not work? What do you guys think?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
According to Specialized.com this is what came with my bike:

Fox Triad, custom on-the-fly three position switch 1) lock out, 2) Open, 3) ProPedal pedal assisting damping, adjustable rebound, 7.5"x1.75"

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Tim and Jeff, my shock has a 1.75" stroke. It says repetitively in the manual not to go with an oversized shock for the safety of the frame. So I'm guessing 2" would not work? What do you guys think?

Too short would be bad. Too long means you wont use all of the shock.

Glancing Aft

According to Specialized.com this is what came with my bike:

Fox Triad, custom on-the-fly three position switch 1) lock out, 2) Open, 3) ProPedal pedal assisting damping, adjustable rebound, 7.5"x1.75"

Sweet! I'm going to call Campmor today, and if they can't do a quick rebuild, do you think I could borrow/buy? I'll be down in Bound Brook tomorrow night, would you be around for me to pick it up? PM if you'd like.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You can lease it with an option to buy. Borrowing is fine. I'll be home after 6, and if you're heading home up 287 I'm not far off exit 30. LMK.

Mike679

The Stumpjumper and Rush have the same shock dimensions, but you may have to mess around a bit with the mounting to the frame as I believe there's some differences between the two. I'm sure the LBS will be able to help w/ that.

Good you were able to locate a shock. I had to have mine (Fox Triad on a Stumpjumper) sent back to Fox for a rebuild and am going on four weeks now.

Makes me think about going back to a hardtail...

Shaggz

A strong 7
GA, I have a seal kit if you want to attempt it yourself or the Mary if you want to borrow that. If CM doesn't work out, try Halters as I think Jason's shop is pretty close to Bound Brook

Glancing Aft

It seems like Campmor is going to be able to rebuild it before the race!

Thanks again everyone for all your help! At time's like this it makes me so thankful that we have this community in place and everyone is so willing to help eachother out! Again, a big thanks and see you all on Sunday!

Glancing Aft

I again just wanted to give a big shout out to Geoff and Campmor for rebuilding my shock in time for the race! THANKS

Top Bottom