Help build a new trail at the Sourlands

Really looking to ride this weekend on saturday...

Will there for a be post ride?

Or any interest in one?

The TM officially starts at 10am. If there is any interest and energy left when we're done, there will be a post ride.

Also, the work site is pretty high up the hill, so it would probably be good to have your bike with you. We will transport the tools up the pipeline in a truck, but there won't be room to shuttle everyone, so having your bike there would be a good idea.

The weather forecast looks just about perfect on Saturday!!

What time do you think we will be done with the TM?

Edit: I don't want to bank on the we might ride after the TM... I think I'm gonna ride b4 the TM for like 1.5hrs. Anyone interested? Let me know. Don't worries I'll ride very conservatively and save some juice for the TM.

Last edited:
What time do you think we will be done with the TM?

Hard to say. New trail construction can always throw us a surprise or two. But I would guesstimate about 3 hours of work. We should have a decent number of volunteers on Saturday and the trail will be pre-flagged.

new trail looks awesome much? hell yea.

fun time today watching mark do crazy drops, and hearing climbers give birth!

What a great day today. Thanks to everyone who helped carve out the new trail and make today a success. In no particular order:

Bob Adase (Bob-WVP)
Bill Zepko
Bob Birmingham (montclairebobbyb)
Dave Lucchi
Phil Mehl
Adam Nawrot (warcricket)
Tsvi Raab (TKR)
Mark Norcutt
Matt Vandervliet
Manny Chung (THATmanMANNY)

In addition to the above MTB crew, there were about 15 more volunteers from the bouldering community through EMS, and a few local hikers as well. I know the Somerset County Rangers were impressed with the knowledge and dedication shown by the JORBA crew today, and it will definitely help with our future proposals at the Sourlands.

can't wait to ride it, you said it starts near marker 6?

Yes, when you get to post #6, go through the opening in the fence. You have 2 choices now. The old trail is on the left. The new trail goes straight and eventually brings you to Roaring Rocks. Look for the blue paint dots as trail markers (until permanent markers are installed).

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions