Help a brother out! Frank!!!

Frank: We're with you, brother... LET'S BEAT THIS!!!

BobbyB

Attachments

• IMG_20200719_094020956_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200719_094020956_HDR.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 93
Backyard skinnies, 2002. We were supposed to be building bike racks that day. And wearing helmets. And braking with 1 finger. And not drinking beer/bbqing all of the meat in the fridge. Jamie (pic 2 below) had the least dabs, but Frank (pic 1) cleaned it first. Mike (pic3) did not clean it the first run, but eventually did.

View attachment 137318
View attachment 137322
View attachment 137323
That night was by far the best night of just having a great time with good friends. To my Great friend Frank, you got this bud, we are all here for you as you can see by the many posts and love.. when your better, we will ride again. Flats.

chaloots

sending some positive healing vibes your way wookie.
i randomly met frank a few years ago just as he was about to set off on his dawn patrol ride. i hadn't been mtbing in years prior to that, had never been to allaire previously and was about to set off with the expectation of getting lost. the parking lot was empty, until he pulled up, I asked for directions and he graciously let me tag along. little did I know I hit the jackpot. not only was he responsible in part for the mtb trails he is an awesome dude. i proceed to poach his dawn patrol rides on a regular basis after that. F Cancer, you got this

Gene

The Dancing Machine
I haven't seen Frank in years and that makes me sad, but while we went our separate ways in life the memory still remains. All the posts above truly show who Frank is. No cancer, no life event will change what we know of who Frank is. He is humble, generous and funny. If you're lucky enough to have a pre or post ride with or without a beer you get the true "Wookie". I became involved in JORBA because of my friend Mergs and meeting Frank was as much of an honor as the support I gave to the trails.

Here is to you Frank! Donation made!

Look forward to the Recovered Ride with Harms after you beat this!

Gene

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Email from Cindy Harms that went out to all donors this morning:

I truly don’t know how to thank you all. Frank and I have been completely blown away by your generosity. He will be starting chemo on Tuesday, and this has been such an incredible boost for his mental outlook. A few days ago we were faced with the realization that we would have to sell our house to pay for his treatment. I think his financial worries were almost as bad as his cancer fear. And now this! You guys are just positively amazing. Last night Frank was talking about having a party at the park after his recovery so that he can personally thank everyone. This is the most optimistic I’ve seen him since his diagnosis. It's really nothing short of a miracle.

And thank you, also, for your prayers and for the wonderful sentiments and pictures on social media. I can’t tell you how much they mean to Frank, and the positive effect they have on his mood. They’re better therapy than anything his doctors can do. And please don’t be afraid to call – he so enjoys talking bikes and parks! His phone is off when he’s resting, and you needn’t worry about interrupting a meal. Now that he’s on a carb-free, organic, antiangiogenic diet, he will welcome that interruption!

Again, thank you. Frank is truly blessed to have such an unbelievable support group!

Sincerely,

Cindy

And another from the archives, because why not? Flying wookie alert.
78954090.1G17cwHi.jpg

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
A couple years back Frank came out to Spokane for a visit. We rode bikes and sampled local beer every day. Here are a few shots from that trip. I miss riding with him but I will be back out once he's recovered to ride with him again. Until then, stay strong brother. You are well loved and very special. We're all pulling for ya. ~Mergs

Attachments

• 20140904_155634.jpg
    20140904_155634.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20140902_174301.jpg
    IMG_20140902_174301.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20140905_103504.jpg
    IMG_20140905_103504.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20140905_121704.jpg
    IMG_20140905_121704.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20140905_121738.jpg
    IMG_20140905_121738.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 101

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Mergs in da'house! How can I resist posting a Mergs/Frank combo pic or two? Name the trail (both same place)...
DSCN0986a.jpg

I still have that Ventana frame hanging in my garage! Look how small Frank's 26" wheel looks in the background. Oh yeah, and you two are super gangsta!
DSCN0999a.jpg

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Wookie update: Donors have raised $25k to offset the mountain of bills that are rolling in. Today he begins treatments, so keep him in your thoughts. It will be a few times a week for 14 weeks. He is still feeling pretty rough but maintaining a positive attitude. I can not begin to explain how much the fundraising has taken stress away from Frank & Cindy. Thank you all so much!

Some more pics from the archives:

JH Rumble H2H race
86622130.xBUzMlzb.JBooth.jpg

86622129.8Zuh3oBZ.FK.jpg

Some more flying wookies:
78954095.6M4Y8F6X.jpg

Any central jerz folks recognize this spot?
86889752.gBbCZk0p.jpg

Frank

Sasquatch
The outpouring of love and good vibes has been overwhelming. I can’t thank you all enough for you donations, comments both here and Facebook, texts, and phone calls. I feel loved and stronger from you all......a debt I will never be able to repay. It has also made me realize that in this fucked up time we call 2020, there is a ton of good. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

Top Bottom