Help (2)

J

joanqs

Somehow only 1 month after getting back to work I am slipping into the no ride zone. I am down to approx. 1 ride a week and 1 on the weekend.

I don't know the reason exactly perhaps it's because I am getting up at 5am, and going to bed late. It could be because I deal with over 100 \12 -13 year old kids during the day. It also may have something to do with a week and a half of bomb threats which have led to evacuations lasting over 1.5 hours or early dismissal (please stop if it is you - it really sucks for everyone). Perhaps I just suck or am completely lazy but whatever it is I need your help.

I have a regular Thursday ride lined up (thank you girls) but am in need of a Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday ride. I can ride Ringwood, JH, Wawayanda or Mahlon..and I can be there as early as 2:45. :drooling: If I don't commit to a ride with a group I find myself drooling when I get home from work.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. :)

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Let's Ride !!

Yes, this is a great time of year to get outside reguardless of the intensity of the activity. Feel free to email or pm me for a ride. I'm usually good to ride anytime after 2:30 or 3:00. I have been a little lazy about organizing rides myself lately.

For anyone interested: Ringwood Thursday Oct 4 at 4:00 Lot C. We will vote on route, and most likely NOT the race course. Maybe something technical with a scenic look out. I am not bringing lights.

Somehow only 1 month after getting back to work I am slipping into the no ride zone. I am down to approx. 1 ride a week and 1 on the weekend.

I don't know the reason exactly perhaps it's because I am getting up at 5am, and going to bed late. It could be because I deal with over 100 \12 -13 year old kids during the day. It also may have something to do with a week and a half of bomb threats which have led to evacuations lasting over 1.5 hours or early dismissal (please stop if it is you - it really sucks for everyone). Perhaps I just suck or am completely lazy but whatever it is I need your help.

I have a regular Thursday ride lined up (thank you girls) but am in need of a Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday ride. I can ride Ringwood, JH, Wawayanda or Mahlon..and I can be there as early as 2:45. :drooling: If I don't commit to a ride with a group I find myself drooling when I get home from work.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. :)

It sounds like you are living my life, Joan. My school day starts at 8 and ends at 4, so even though I do not teach after 2:44 p.m., I cannot leave the building. I have a commute that is over an hour, so I am up at 5, out the door by 6:15 to be sure I am not late. PM traffic on the GSP is brutal so I do not arrive home until 6 or 6:30 sometimes.

The kids are done at 3:30. No bomb threats so far, but I have 128 somewhat unruly 14-17 year olds all day long, something I've never dealt with before. It's a huge challenge. The grading is the worst, it keeps me up very late almost everyday. I have not been on my bike more than three times since the school year started.

Ron and I made an appointment with each other to ride this week. Putting it on the calendar as one of our "must-do's" seems to be the only way I can fit in a ride. I am getting outside as much as I can though. My dog needs to run around and chase toys and the garden beds need prep before they are turned over for fall, so I poke about the back yard when I can.

I hope we both hang in there long enough to keep our sanity and find more riding time.

J

joanqs

Jersey Girl
My father asked, "why are you grading those papers?" He suggested that I throw them down the stairs, the ones landing closest to the bottom step deserve an A, 2nd step B, and so on.. Just a suggestion between us girls :getsome:

Seriously though-rubrics are key to minimizing time when grading written paper (as you probably already know)

J

JerseyGirl

I too am in the teaching field. Also hit with a long commute. To make matters worse I am NOT a morning person. Each day begins with me begging my husband to let me sleep in. Obviously that would get me no where. I moan and groan and force myself into my daily routine. This time of year is crazy still adjusting to the needs of the middle school children. Don't get me wrong I LOVE teaching but it does get in the way of my riding :). Next week my clubs start up and before long it will be dark by five. The best thing I found is to bring your bike to work change there and drive straight to a park close to where you work. The moment I get home I find myself glued to the t.v. just happy that I am sitting. I too itch to get out and ride but settle for two or three long rides when that pesky job gets in the way. With out it how could I possible afford my awesome riding machines :) Hope to ride with you gals sometime.

Top Bottom