HELMET!

Lol I passed a girl ridin the other day she was pedaling with the helmet hanging on the bars. At least the bars were safe.
I got you beat :) I passed a guy yesterday riding with his helmet hanging off his neck... I kid you not

Reactions: w_b
I believe that kids are required by law to wear a helmet up to age 17, and as a responsible adult, and one with half a clue, you should be making your kids wear one. As far as adults in general go, IDGAF. Its 2020, the risks and consequences of TBI, especially in sports, has been presented in every type of media outlet. Plus through life experience you know that hitting your head hurts. If you don't want to wear a helmet, you're an adult, you can deal with the consequences of your actions.

Was once at the Batsto MTB trailhead talking to the staffer that supervises our volunteer trail work. A couple rode up wearing cNJ LBS team kit with no helmets, stopped to read the kiosk, and then ignored the staffer when he mentioned that they should be wearing helmets. They rode on, only to return less than ten minutes later with one of them bleeding, a lot, from their head. The staffer was concerned. I just shrugged.

Last edited:
I like the people wearing masks but no helmet.

This passed weekend at Allaire must have been the most people I have seen with out helmets. All types of riders too, not just the noobies.

The law use to be 14. But was changed in the mid 2000s. Also, all bikes need an audible device and need reflectors, amongst other requirements. All title 39 offenses.

DAMMIT... the new full faced helmet i ordered is too big. i was all excited too.

What size and brand?
LEATT DBX 4.0, size small (black)

i currently have the six six one comp in a size small... wanted something a little nicer. but i may have to stick with the six six one brand for sizing.

LEATT DBX 4.0, size small (black)

i currently have the six six one comp in a size small... wanted something a little nicer. but i may have to stick with the six six one brand for sizing.
Too bad you need a small. I have a medium 100% carbon FF helmet that i ordered a year and a half ago that I couldn’t fit over my jaw.... i would have given it to you if it would have fit. ?

Too bad you need a small. I have a medium 100% carbon FF helmet that i ordered a year and a half ago that I couldn’t fit over my jaw.... i would have given it to you if it would have fit. ?
dang.

Wanna sell that? I’ve been pushing my luck with a Bell Super (removable chin bar) and broke it in a crash over the weekend... time to get a real full face I guess but I wasn’t really planning to drop $250 on a helmet this week ?. This sport sucks sometimes lol.

Back
Top Bottom