Helmet mounted lights

walter

Fourth Party
I finally got a light system and I was screwing around with it yesterday. My question is that when I try to mount it on my helmet, it wont sit flush/stable when its in the center of my helmet. However, if I slide it over a littleit will sit a lot better. Now its just slightly off center. It still shines at a good angle but I'm wondering if its going to create an isse when I'm out.

Thanks for any tips, what do you guys think?

VanDbtRiver

i have blackburns that i have the same issue with. i tried every combo of vent holes and they never work perfectly. when i finally get it mounted close to where i need it, it works, but isnt pretty.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I finally got a light system and I was screwing around with it yesterday. My question is that when I try to mount it on my helmet, it wont sit flush/stable when its in the center of my helmet. However, if I slide it over a littleit will sit a lot better. Now its just slightly off center. It still shines at a good angle but I'm wondering if its going to create an isse when I'm out.

Thanks for any tips, what do you guys think?
what helmet are you using? try cutting a mouse pad or something of similar material roughly the size of the mount, and that will help stabilize it when you mount it in the center. if your mount has a fore/aft adjustment, you could move it closer to the front of your helmet.

walter

Fourth Party
Thanks guys, as soon as I get done carving pumpkins and roasting seeds Ill do some experimenting.

J-Dro

I wouldn't worry too much about the light being perfectly centered. It's more important to find a spot on your helmet where the light won't work its way loose. There are enough things going on during a night ride without having to worry about a light flopping around on your head.

walter

Fourth Party
I sat down earlier and with a non Nyquil induced fog looked over the situation again. I was able to adjust the mounting bracket so that now it sits almost perfectly flush to my helmet and its only a hair off center. I'm going to try to do a test run tonight in my local woods to see how it sits. Thanks for the help crew!!

F

frankinnj

I have the same problem with my light. After I bolt it on I take electrical tape and wrap the base of the light through the holes of the top of the helmet to keep it stable. It works pretty good actually.

sixseven

I have no idea what the exact issue is that you have but check out the mushroom head hook and loop velcro stuff here: http://www.mcmaster.com/
It is the most bomb proof velcro you can imagine. It works again and again, you wouldn't even need a strap with this stuff. McMaster also has tons of items that come in handy beyond this, for all things.

walter

Fourth Party
Damn, ok just got in from my test ride and all worked well. This thing is brighter than I thought it would be. Good times.

Top Bottom