Hello! My name is...

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Hello!

My name is Kurt. Long time poster. First time introductions. I’m one of the guys at Wharton Forest. Been working on those trails w/ @sj_john since day one, along with @pibbles, @Davesnhere, @sandman, and many othersPrior to that I rode with and was webmaster for the Jersey Action Riders. JAR had maintained Wissahickon trails at that time, and also hosted two Poker Runs there. Back in those days, there was weekly rides, all over, from the highlands to Jim Thorpe, and down into Maryland.

I had raced the 24 Hours of Allamuchy, two times solo. Because I was told it was a good idea by *Air* Newman. Raced the early days of MASS too. My only MASS race goal was to stay ahead of @sj_john. Who started in the age group behind me. I was never much of a racer. Several would tell me that if I gave up the beer and cheesesteaks, and maybe got a coach, I could start winning. Meh. I was more concerned with career goals.

I recently early retired after 39 years of service during the last corporate merger in ‘18. (S is for severance) At the time of the first merger in ’98, I was transferred to our data center in Newark DE. After-work rides with co-workers at Fair Hill, Iron Hill, White Clay/Middle Run and sometimes Brandywine were always good. (Say hey to you PHI guys still at ETC & NCRO!)

Before all that, I was a mediocre ECEA B rider. Started riding the events in ’77 for the fun of it. I always enjoyed the sNJ events. (More of a sand rider than a rock rider.) Had a very nice practice loop in the woods back in the ‘70s & ’80s just north of Renault’s vineyards.

Back in the ‘60s, I would pedal all over with the neighborhood Cranford Brookside Elementary School gang, into Westfield, Garwood, Kenilworth. Good times. Bonus points if we took a trail, or rode the dirt piles in a construction zone. Which sort of takes this full circle. :)

Picture below is from the 2005 Wissahickon Poker Run. L to R... @sj_john, me, and Jay Jones. Andrea (Dirt Diva) is hidden behind the weird sweater guy.

pokerrun1.jpg

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome Kurt! I hope to ride with you some day as I occasionally venture down to Wharton. I usually drink beer and pee in the parking lot, is that permitted there?

Public urination in the parking lot is big trouble waiting to happen. Don't you remember what happened to Jerry? But lets do the other thing.

Top Bottom