hello mtbnj.com

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
hi all:

transplated new yorker getting back in cycling

11/07 got into road 08/08 got into mtb even though last bike before getting back into cycling was a raligh glacier from the 80's (rigid)

like climbing and pumping up the old ticker

also recently got into multisport, as did two tri's (sprint) and the mountain man biathlon, considering doing some winter tri's

parks done recently
ringwood, allamuchy (deer park), ceres (south jersey), fair hill md

MTBTyler

hi all:

transplated new yorker getting back in cycling

11/07 got into road 08/08 got into mtb even though last bike before getting back into cycling was a raligh glacier from the 80's (rigid)

like climbing and pumping up the old ticker

also recently got into multisport, as did two tri's (sprint) and the mountain man biathlon, considering doing some winter tri's

parks done recently
ringwood, allamuchy (deer park), ceres (south jersey), fair hill md
Hey! welcome to mtbnj! try out six mile run. once it freezes there should be plenty of group rides

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Plenty of rides to be had here. All fitness levels, and lots of great people to ride with. See you out there.

C

CultureCouture

Where did you do your tris? I did my first one this summer at the Long Branch Piers. It was awesome, but the open ocean swim almost killed me. I probably never would have even bought a bike if it weren't for that race. I also did the mountain man, and if I learn how to ski before March I'm going to do a winter tri in the catskills.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome to the club...
parks done recently
ringwood, allamuchy (deer park), ceres (south jersey)
you know the are some parks in between :)

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
thank you for the warm welcome

where in NY did you come from?
born raised in queens, hs & college manhattan, always liked the catskills
Where did you do your tris?
my first was riverwinds in west deptford (across river from philly), then did wyckoff y tri, i paid for nj state olympic but bailed since they said not wet suits and i need to work on the swim

unfortunately several folks did die this year at the swimming leg in tri's (hudson river- jelly fish), nj state tri, too

the odd thing is that of the three sports, as far as traiining goes, swimming, in my opinion , is the safest (if you swim w/lifeguard and obey rules)

running and cycling seem to have more impact, and if you factor in vehicular traffic, it's tough to be assured of your work-out, [that's why i love trainers & mtb]

also did mountain man at lewis morris and am considering doing some winter tri's [looking for a new x-country ski kit]

I also did the mountain man, and if I learn how to ski before March I'm going to do a winter tri in the catskills.
which one (TRI) in catskills? pine hill arms one at belle ayre? i have kin there 9 they did that tri), i see it on the web for '08 are they having it in '09?

they're definately having winter tri's in new hampshire and mass.

i want to get my skiis now and pray for snow

i think the grasmere loop (ringwood fire road) will be great in snow

this link is from a while ago of grasmere, but i did this loop last night in the rain from ryerson, doing it again 12/18 & 1/8, all welcome
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7081743
Hey! welcome to mtbnj! try out six mile run. once it freezes there should be plenty of group rides
i heard allaire is good to in winter, so i'll have to check them both out, as well as chimmney rock & waywaynda

thank you!

Top Bottom