Hello from the sourlands

rick81721

Lothar
Not a biker at the moment but plan to when I retire in a few years or when my knees give out - whichever comes first. A trail running addict and have been running the sourland mountain preserve regularly since April.

I've been reading this board for awhile before joining and it seems bikers lump hikers and runners together but I feel more akin to you guys than the hikers. The hikers clog and trails and sometimes won't move to the side when passing, and many times I find them with dogs off leash (which isn't allowed on the sourland preserve). I remind them when I pass by.

Anywho, you guys do a great job of trail maintenance and I'll definitely help you out when I'm free.

THATmanMANNY

Hello! We only have one non biking couple that show to the TMs all the time. It would be great to meet more non bikers.

I guess keeping the rubber side down applies to you too :D

I vote to start biking now!

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
You mean Rick is not a noob? :p

oh, he most certainly is a noob, but not a newb.

from the interwebs: (ouch!)

II. Defining 'Noob'
Contrary to the belief of many, a noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own. It is the latter we will study in this guide so that the reader is prepared to encounter them in the wild if needed.

rick81721

Lothar
Two things of note in this thread:

1. Six years ago when I posted this I was Rick B.C. (Before Cycling)

2. One of the responses from the guy who has since been banned, it was probably the only civil response to me he ever posted!

qclabrat

Two things of note in this thread:

1. Six years ago when I posted this I was Rick B.C. (Before Cycling)

2. One of the responses from the guy who has since been banned, it was probably the only civil response to me he ever posted!
Luke was banned?

Top Bottom