Hello ALL

2013coss

I got into mountain biking 5 yrs ago but none of my freinds got into it. so I covered the bike 2 yrs ago in the basement and didnt touch it till this year. This yr I plain to ride alot. I've bine out twice and love it. Before I put it away 2 yrs ago I went out every weekend and loved it. The only thing was I was always by myself. I have to say this site has alot of good info on it. Thanks

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
welcome aboard the forum has a bunch of info check out the what's happening thread to find fun stuff to do..
Sunday is the fest/jam going to be a lot of fun....

zmartene

I'm also a solo rider new to the area and looking forward to getting involved in a community. Had a hardtail a few years ago and it went into storage when life got busy. Bought a full squish bike about a year ago and never looked back. Westchester's community was sort-of active but I could never make their ride times. Looking forward to getting out on some group rides and exploring new trails.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Aside from the bigger monthly-ish group rides there’s regular daily rides (fun Monday at CR, Tourne Tuesday, wildcat Wednesday) that are open to anyone. Most parks have plenty of locals that if you mention you’d like a tour they’d be happy to accommodate. Even showing up in a parking lot and looking lost will probably get you on a ride. 😜 Have fun!

jackx

Aside from the bigger monthly-ish group rides there’s regular daily rides (fun Monday at CR, Tourne Tuesday, wildcat Wednesday) that are open to anyone. Most parks have plenty of locals that if you mention you’d like a tour they’d be happy to accommodate. Even showing up in a parking lot and looking lost will probably get you on a ride. 😜 Have fun!
Welcome! Good information from @extremedave.

Also there is a Wednesday ride at Lewis Morris Park in Morris Twp. Check the Meetup app for details and to RSVP.

zmartene

Thanks for the info! Are there consistent Thursday rides anywhere in the north half of the state? That's my day off during the week. I work long hours the rest of the week and weekends are tough to get out due to an ankle biter that needs watchin'

Top Bottom