Hell of Hunterdon 2015

martin

The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Advisory for the region for Friday March 20th; they are forecasting 3 – 5 inches of snow, potentially followed by a wintery mix. With temperatures forecasted to be below freezing overnight, despite the forecasted warmer temperatures for Saturday afternoon, we are not confident that the roads (particularly the unpaved ones) will be in a condition safe enough to conduct the Hell of Hunterdon on Saturday March 21st.

Therefore we are rescheduling the Hell of Hunterdon to Saturday April 4th.

While we could roll the dice, and see how the forecast and conditions play out, this isn’t fair to those who are traveling longer distances to the event.

This is disappointing to all of us, but your safety is paramount to us. While it is a “Spring Classic” and bad weather comes with the territory, simply put, we are 800+ hobbyists, not 175 professionals. We don’t a dedicated snow removal team clearing the path, nor do we have a race doctor or a caravan of team cars and buses for you to abandon into.

There are a lot of pieces that need to be put in place for us to make the rescheduled event happen. We spent the morning communicating with the municipalities, the police, and the other major stakeholders; we have their complete support and agreement on the rescheduling. However, we need to reconfirm with all of the volunteers.

We realize that this new date may not work for you as a participant, and that we have the Fools Classic scheduled for the same day. Our intent is to merge the 2 events, and conduct them on the HoH course (meaning entrants in the FC will be given entries in the HoH (yes we know some of you are registered for both events). We will reschedule a ride on the Fools Classic course later in the year, since we have run out of early spring dates.

We will address the details, along with entry transfers, and refunds in separate messages to be sent as soon as possible. In the interim, we appreciate your support, and we are moving as fast as possible to confirm the rescheduled date with our volunteers.

Brian Ignatin
Event Director

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
to be honest i'm glad they rescheduled. that many people on bikes on the roads while they could still be getting cleared could just be a disaster.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
giphy.gif

jackx

It makes a lot of sense to reschedule and I think it was a good call to make the decision on Thursday and not wait until Friday.

Well, even though I haven't put in hardly any miles, I was ready and looking forward to it. For at least 3 different reasons, I thought I was not going to be around on March 21 and did a lot to be available for the HoH. Oh well, I hope to be available on April 4. At least that is only 2 weeks away.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
If it is frozen saturday morning, let's hit somewhere....JimV will be fatbiking the whole day....we can follow his tracks.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Allaire will be empty in the morning.....we have to be out by 1:00 tho. :)

Top Bottom