Hell of Hunterdon 2015

rick81721

Lothar
Looks like they started to mark the route (2 white balls and an arrow?) on Hollow but stopped after the turn onto Grandview

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
2B33FBE9-C175-4876-B3D9-0BE4C5952E01_zpsabtw7j4b.png

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
so lettuce discuss the snow. i am seeing 5" - 8" predictions. does it run after that much? how can you have hundreds of riders with snow plows out in force?

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I think a prominent issue might be the accumulated snow/slush/etc. on the non-paved sections, which I assume aren't plowed. Or which will still be a mess, even if they are plowed.

rick81721

Lothar
so lettuce discuss the snow. i am seeing 5" - 8" predictions. does it run after that much? how can you have hundreds of riders with snow plows out in force?

gawd is that the latest? Man I really jinxed this one. I guess I'm wearing everything to start, and rear FENDER

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
fitting mtb fender to cx bike and mounting the nobbies now. thinking a faring might not be a bad idea either.
heated ff helmet, shield down. nothing on the calves tho....except hair.

think they will push it until sunday if this snow actually happens - which i don't think it will.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
fitting mtb fender to cx bike and mounting the nobbies now. thinking a faring might not be a bad idea either.

think they will push it until sunday if this snow actually happens - which i don't think it will.

is there an official rain date?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
ill run the ass saver they give away in the shwag bag, otherwise, its only water and its going to get up to FIFTY DEGREES.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I think a prominent issue might be the accumulated snow/slush/etc. on the non-paved sections, which I assume aren't plowed. Or which will still be a mess, even if they are plowed.
This. I don't see how if it snows above 3" that this ride will happen considering the majority of this ride is on "back roads" also considering 800 people are doing the ride. I also don't think it is as simple as just pushing it until Sunday with all of the approvals from the different municipalities, but who knows...

rick81721

Lothar

Good plan. I'm thinking of riding niterider - I don't want to subject my beloved Evo to all that crap.

I'd rather do sat than sun - sun is going to be colder and much windier.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
This. I don't see how if it snows above 3" that this ride will happen considering the majority of this ride is on "back roads" also considering 800 people are doing the ride. I also don't think it is as simple as just pushing it until Sunday with all of the approvals from the different municipalities, but who knows...

this make sense. i'm sure we'll get a final final email update. i can't see how montgomery road is gonna be passable, never mind aunt molly. last on the plow list.

Shoogs

3/19/15 IMPORTANT NEWS:

DUE TO AN INCOMING SNOWSTORM, THE 2015 HELL OF HUNTERDON HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO 4/4/15. DETAILS WILL BE PUBLISHED SOON.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Great - who wants to buy my spot? i won't be here.

Edit;
never mind - they are doing refunds.

Top Bottom