Heating Help - Middletown

larkin42

Woke up this morning to find our house was cold enough for penguins to move in:cry: Anybody know a good heating guy in Middletown area?

larkin42

Forced Hot Air. I am getting air out of the vents, but its cold air. I checked and it looks like I have the pilot light working. Its just cold.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I've dealt with Air Experts in Lake Como, they did right by me for a total HVAC install last year.

supermike

Hopefully you just need a new thermocouple or something cheap.

If you end up needing to replace the unit, the great state of NJ has a nice rebate program for high efficiency units (which I would have bought anyway). I'm waiting on my $400 check right now. Thanks to Mr. Corzine and my fellow NJ taxpayers!

jimjo

on the front of the air handler should be a tag or sticker from the company that installed or serviced it last best bet is to call them they will be most likely the ones that will respond the fastest...

oil or gas... if the first one is there oil in the tank?

larkin42

Got a hold of a guy and he rushed right over. Apparently the ignition thingy had some carbon build up and the safety kept turning the system off. It took all of 5 minutes to fix. Thanks for the help anyway. Nice to know I can ask stupid questions that don't even involve bikes and get some help. This Nut Hut ain't so bad after all.:D

mfennell

Furnaces are pretty simple. I know that mine will blink out an error code and tell you exactly what it thinks is wrong. It's worth poking around yourself if you're handy.

Keep that guy's number though.

I learned the hard way that the jackhole I had maintaining my furnace didn't actually understand how it worked. He could swap out parts (tearing up all the self tapping holes with his 18V cordless drill) but when faced with an actual problem his and his boss's only answer was "we can give you a good deal on a new furnace". Our CO numbers were through the roof...

larkin42

Yeah, this guy was great. What I found a little interesting is that he asked for cash. We then got into a conversation about how the new president is going to tax him to death and he needs to find "ways" to maintain his business. I actually had my own little "Joe the Plumber" meeting in my kitchen this morning :rofl:

mwlikesbikes

Worry free service

PSE&G has their worry free service which is like 5 bucks a month on your bill. It covers parts and service. My brother had a problem with his furnace that would have cost him a couple hundred in parts and labor but it was covered in the service.
I had the same problem you did Larkin, the flame sensor was dirty. Took some sandpaper to it and it's been perfect.

Top Bottom