Headset for C-Dale

lou_b_83

I am going to be putting a fork on my Prophet (No more Lefty). Is there a headset that will fit with out reducers so I could put a 1 1/8" post through?

However, this thing works pretty well and keeps the stack fairly low...

http://highgearcyclery.com/page.cfm?PageID=587&action=details&sku=HD9902

-Jim.

I mated something similar to this with a standard Chris King headset and it looks/works great. At first I thought it would look goofy but I think this is the best way to go. I researched this and you can get reducer headsets but they are all really heavy because the crown race is huge/heavy because it is what does the reducing.

There is an interal option that e13 and others make:
http://www.e13components.com/zerostack_reducer_cups.html

which you install a cane creek headset into.

With the reducers it says it goes to 34mm. Is that the size it needs to be for a normal head set or do I still need to go for one of those 1.5 - 1 1/8 Head sets. Thanks for the info.:D

With the reducers it says it goes to 34mm. Is that the size it needs to be for a normal head set or do I still need to go for one of those 1.5 - 1 1/8 Head sets. Thanks for the info.:D

They are for a standard headset. Check with Halters, they had a few back in the spring.

I don't know if I am going to do the swap yet. After I played with the numbers it will cast allot of $$$ to do it. SOOOOO maybe. I will let you know.
I talked to C-Dale and they said that they could turn my MAX into a STP(?I think that is what he said?) to help with the problems I am having with it. after talking with him for 20 mins about options and prices this sounds like what I am going to do/try first. (And replace everything else in the Lefty)

yup. Reducers, new headset, new fork and most times new stem. Unless you are dead set against the lefty, its a pretty pricey conversion

Sorry I didn't post sooner.

Cane Creek makes 2 headsets that will fit into a Cannondale headtube and will allow the use of a 1-1/8 steerer tube.

This system is pretty common on the bikes that c-dale specs with non-Cdale forks.

The OEM versions are made by THM I think.

j-

FSA also has a few headsets that work.

It's not all that uncommon to use a 1-1/8" fork with 1-1/2" tube.

-Steve

Back
Top Bottom