Headset for C-Dale

lou_b_83

I am going to be putting a fork on my Prophet (No more Lefty). Is there a headset that will fit with out reducers so I could put a 1 1/8" post through?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
However, this thing works pretty well and keeps the stack fairly low...

http://highgearcyclery.com/page.cfm?PageID=587&action=details&sku=HD9902

-Jim.

I mated something similar to this with a standard Chris King headset and it looks/works great. At first I thought it would look goofy but I think this is the best way to go. I researched this and you can get reducer headsets but they are all really heavy because the crown race is huge/heavy because it is what does the reducing.

There is an interal option that e13 and others make:
http://www.e13components.com/zerostack_reducer_cups.html

which you install a cane creek headset into.

lou_b_83

With the reducers it says it goes to 34mm. Is that the size it needs to be for a normal head set or do I still need to go for one of those 1.5 - 1 1/8 Head sets. Thanks for the info.:D

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
With the reducers it says it goes to 34mm. Is that the size it needs to be for a normal head set or do I still need to go for one of those 1.5 - 1 1/8 Head sets. Thanks for the info.:D

They are for a standard headset. Check with Halters, they had a few back in the spring.

lou_b_83

I don't know if I am going to do the swap yet. After I played with the numbers it will cast allot of $$$ to do it. SOOOOO maybe. I will let you know.
I talked to C-Dale and they said that they could turn my MAX into a STP(?I think that is what he said?) to help with the problems I am having with it. after talking with him for 20 mins about options and prices this sounds like what I am going to do/try first. (And replace everything else in the Lefty)

walter

Fourth Party
yup. Reducers, new headset, new fork and most times new stem. Unless you are dead set against the lefty, its a pretty pricey conversion

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Sorry I didn't post sooner.

Cane Creek makes 2 headsets that will fit into a Cannondale headtube and will allow the use of a 1-1/8 steerer tube.

This system is pretty common on the bikes that c-dale specs with non-Cdale forks.

The OEM versions are made by THM I think.

j-

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
FSA also has a few headsets that work.

It's not all that uncommon to use a 1-1/8" fork with 1-1/2" tube.

-Steve

Top Bottom