Heading West (need recommendations)

iLuveketchup

I will be heading west (after a short stop in VA) from Pisgah. Initial plan is to go to Bentonville then to Moab. I've been to both already, so I am open to suggestions. I've never ridden in CO or NM. Would you rather go to CO or another place in UT? Or some place in between? Or just save time and stay on the east coast? Since daylight is getting shorter everyday, it would probably be wise to visit something closer from Pisgah like TN.

Last edited:

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I really enjoyed riding outside of Grand Junction, CO in Fruita. Those trails (like 18 Mile Road and Horse thief Bench) were a lot of fun.

I also really dug riding in SW Utah-- Gooseberry Mesa and all of the stuff in that area.

Sounds like a fun trip!!

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I will be heading west (after a short stop in VA) from Pisgah. Initial plan is to go to Bentonville then to Moab. I've been to both already, so I am open to suggestions. I've never ridden in CO or NM. Would you rather go to CO or another place in UT? Or some place in between? Or just save time and stay on the east coast? Since daylight is getting shorter everyday.
Sounds like an awesome trip!

Seems like if you’re in Moab you’ll be close to fruita/grand junction. Personally I’d pick CO over NM for riding. Or AZ over NM as well. I love New Mexico but it’s my least favorite for riding in that area of the SW (still awesome, just less awesomer).

I do know that colarado could have snow on the ground soon, depending on where you’re at.

iLuveketchup

Oh I forgot about Grand Junction and Fruita. I've only driven by when going to Moab (from Ouray). Doh how can I forget.. thanks!

Gooseberry and the trails in SW UT looks awesome, but I think Moab is as far west I can go.

Off topic, I like that we have dogs as avatars. My old doggie was a rottie named Xena. The doggie on my current avatar was a frenchie named Bronson.

bucknejo

... and to add to the dog avatars (redbone hound named snickers) +1 on gooseberry mesa. they have yurts at the top if you're interested in staying the night. excellent views for ufo spotting.

iLuveketchup

Hello from Pisgah.

51631593355_56773b5ffb_k.jpg

51629903517_83b3de3f50_b.jpg

51630725896_158788d45c_b.jpg

51630725841_90644c3f83_h.jpg

Top Bottom