Hartshorne Woods to Expand

don

https://tworivertimes.com/hartshorne-woods-park-to-expand/

It looks like MCPS is buying 14 acres from the Henry Hudson school nearby. The article says they plan to make a 5ft wide hiking path from Battery Lewis to the Twin Lights.

NEWS-HenryHudson-Map.jpg

the only section i see to be usable for MTB would be block 14, there are some trails there already... . block 17 is narrow and this "trail" will take up alot of it. block 13 is just a bluff.

Reactions: don
I was literally just about to post this. Yeah, not terribly exciting from a mtb perspective, but cool to have a legit way to ride/hike over to the Twin Lights.

I've done without the path, not that exciting. But twin lights is pretty cool. So maybe it's a way to attract more people to the lights?

Reactions: don
The biggest parcel (behind the water tower) I assumed was already part of the park.
as did i, i was riding through there one day and this dude in a ghillie suit popped up and let me know it wasnt a part of the park... but what was he doing there? lol i reported it.

as did i, i was riding through there one day and this dude in a ghillie suit popped up and let me know it wasnt a part of the park... but what was he doing there? lol i reported it.

The only time I ever rode Allaire at night, some guy in ghillie suit stepped out in front of us carrying a 6 pack in one hand and bow and arrow in the other. Very comforting feeling.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions