Hartshorne Trail maintenance info

smw

Hey all. Tracey is looking for volunteers to be trail work session leaders. I think this has been a limiting factor to the number of sessions that can be scheduled. E.g more leaders, more work sessions. There isn't any extra training required. From the converstion I had, the sessions get scheduled around the leader's availability.

smw

FYI, a new workday has opened up on 11/28. This is to deal with "wood disk" portion of the trail just after the bridge. This is a good opportunity to work off that extra servings of Turkey!

Sat, Nov 28, 2020
9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Park at Claypit Creek Lot

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Hey all. Tracey is looking for volunteers to be trail work session leaders. I think this has been a limiting factor to the number of sessions that can be scheduled. E.g more leaders, more work sessions. There isn't any extra training required. From the converstion I had, the sessions get scheduled around the leader's availability.
This is great news!!!

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
@smw @kjarrett FYI trail maintenance tomorrow at 9 am. It's suppose to rain. You should have Scotts # in your email from the park system. I would call him if you think it's railing too hard to work on the trails.

Here's hoping the the rain holds out. Let's talk to him about what entails being a work session leader. If we can get TM every month that would be awesome!

@w_b said the spot in huber is holding up pretty good

kjarrett

Thanks for the heads up, last I checked the rain was supposed to be done by 9 AM but obviously it’s up to Scott. I will be texting him earrrrrly in the morning since I live an hour and a half away, lol

Reactions: don

don

Bummed about the TM cancelled but local weather forecast is saying rain not pushing out until after 12 and saying about an 1" of precip.

I can make some week times and flexible so maybe we can get another on for mid-week? I know next week is Thanksgiving but if the temps stay above 40 I think TM's can keep going. Actually perfect working weather!

kjarrett

The 28th TM session has 5 openings as of this morning (11/23). Weather forecast is promising. Normally I don't go out of the house on Black Friday Weekend, maybe things will be less insane on the roads due to COVID? Not sure...

smw

If you are already in the volunteer program eg have attended the training) then you can email Tracy to let her know your interest in being a trail maintenance leader.

Beyond the call for volunteer leads, it seems that also needed is for volunteers to submit ideas for trail improvement. (For those in the session at Tatum, you'll recall she mentioned this as the path for getting things on the radar of Scott Minor. I need to relook at the material from Tracey but I believe there is a form you fill out and submit back to her.)

I am the lead for the 11/28 session. Results or your money back!
Lifetime guarantee! Sign up! :)

Scott

Last edited:

don

Is the TM tomorrow 11/28 at Hartshorne a go? I was going to sign up but there is nothing on the site.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Please note, Monmouth county now uses a portal to register / sign up for TM dates and for trail maintenance training.

Currently there are 3 dates available:

Sat March 20, 2021 - We'll be working on a reroute for that big tree on rocky point.
Sat Apr 10, 2021
Mon April 19, 2021 (corrected day)

All 9am to Noon.

I wan to thank everyone that has recently signed up to do trail maintinence on this forum!

I'm signed up for the 20th.

Last edited:

kjarrett

Please note, Monmouth county now uses a portal to register / sign up for TM dates and for trail maintenance training.

Currently there are 3 dates available:

Sat March 20, 2021 - We'll be working on a reroute for that big tree on rocky point.
Sat Apr 10, 2021
Sat April 19, 2021

I wan to thank everyone that has recently signed up to do trail maintinence on this forum!

I'm signed up for the 20th.
I'm working the April 10 crew at Tatum. And thanks to this forum for letting me know about this county's amazing volunteer program!

-kj-

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions