Hartshorne Tomorrow?

xc62701

Hey guys. How will hartshorne be tomorrow? Thinking of trying to get there on my SS today. I know there was some rain in the area. Will it be ok?

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
You don't have windows?

It was muddy before the temps. hit 60* and it rained all day. If it has to be said ............

xc62701

Any day in the woods is better than a day on the road :) I don't want to show you guys up so I'm laying low tomorrow. I'm "trying" to take it easy on the knee and nurse it back to health...

ryderX

You missed a nice breezy day in Sussex Co. Some solid miles and a few hills. Maybe this weekend ? 71 miles and 6955" of climbing, and did I mention the gale force winds...

Last edited:

xc62701

I opted to do the Tour de Lake loop and had fun. I didn't get 71 miles in but the 40 of that loop does give you quite a bit of elevation. Funny part is my sore knee was fine, now the other one is sore. Oh well.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I opted to do the Tour de Lake loop and had fun. I didn't get 71 miles in but the 40 of that loop does give you quite a bit of elevation. Funny part is my sore knee was fine, now the other one is sore. Oh well.

Overcompensating?

Didn't you have knee troubles about this time last year?

xc62701

Yea I did have knee troubles in March of last year. It took a month of PT to get better. It's the opposite knee that's been troubling and it's fine on the bike. Only going down stairs it seems like it's pinching a nerve or something. It's dulling which is a good sign. The other knee since I hurt it last year has some pain that comes and goes on hard efforts. That I'm used to now. I aggravated it just pushing hard. I'm not too worried about that. What's the supplement that is supposed to be good for joint health? I need a pallet full...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't know on the knee joint supplement. I don't buy into the fish oil generation of pills-for-ills. I basically had bad knees when I was a big fat lard. Now I'm merely a slob my knees are much better. Everyone has a different story of what works for them, of course. And if the joint pills work for you, great! If popping an M&M every hour works, great!

N

Neen

glucosomine (I probably spelled that wrong). Of course, as Norm said, M&M's can cure most ills as well (at least it works for me). :D

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
glucosomine (I probably spelled that wrong). Of course, as Norm said, M&M's can cure most ills as well (at least it works for me). :D

i'm on the fence with glucosamine. i took it forever and when i stopped...i was ok. i don't know if it works any better than m&ms. who knows.

these days i pop an asprin with my vitamins and it's smooth sailing. particularly helpful when getting up for early am rides.

chxracer

It actually really works, a friend of mine at my gym turned me on to it. I was having knee problems at the beginning of my base training, after about 2 weeks of the stuff my knee is fine. I had actually had to give up running, my knee was so bad. I now run every morning for atleat 6 miles and havent had any pain. The stuff really is amazing!

N

Neen

Chocolate skittles?! I had my dog on glucosamine for her arthritis and it definately helped. She couldn't be biased, I didn't tell her what it was for :p

Top Bottom