Hartshorne or 6Mile ?

Stocky

Gonna be at PNC Friday night for the Allmans concert.We're staying at my friends brothers place just south of PNC.

Never ridden either, we ride Mahlon all the time.

Help us choose .

We can't make the 6Mile 11am ride on Saturday. I expect to be finished before 11am and then we're gonna make our maiden voyage to Halters on our way back North.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
Gonna be at PNC Friday night for the Allmans concert.We're staying at my friends brothers place just south of PNC.

Never ridden either, we ride Mahlon all the time.

Help us choose .

We can't make the 6Mile 11am ride on Saturday. I expect to be finished before 11am and then we're gonna make our maiden voyage to Halters on our way back North.

sounds like you already made a choice

walter

Fourth Party
What town are you going to be staying in? In all honesty, you are probably only going to be minutes from Hartshorne/Huber.

Stocky

I'm not 100% sure , I think the town is Ocean ?

Is 6 Mile not as close in proximity to where we're gonna be as I think it is?

jimmysnukastyle

Trails

Six mile is like an hour north of Ocean Township. It'll also be pretty flooded from the rain. Allaire is close by too and drains much better. I've never been to Hartshorne.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
If you're in Ocean Township you're about 20 minutes from Allaire or Hartshorne.

As much as I love the place, I'd say Allaire doesn't have its best face on right now. Some of the trails are very overgrown, and the legendary Allaire sand is in pretty full effect.

Stocky

It looks like Hartshorne is sounding good.

Directions from the Parkway headed North ....anyone ?

MTB Aussie

Put this into the search on google maps, and it shows where you need to get to. You can add your starting point for directions.
CR-8B/Navesink Ave @40.401565, -74.012826

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll

If you are in Ocean, don't take the Parkway there. Head up Rt. 35 north to Navesink River Road. Take a right onto that, follow until you pass Locust Antiques on your right. Make a right, and then stay on that road, bearing right at the five-way intersection. The parking lot will be on your right.

I'd advise avoiding the coastline route as well, as the Sandy Hook Bridge is under heavy construction, and there will be traffic out the gazoo getting across.

Stocky

If you are in Ocean, don't take the Parkway there. Head up Rt. 35 north to Navesink River Road. Take a right onto that, follow until you pass Locust Antiques on your right. Make a right, and then stay on that road, bearing right at the five-way intersection. The parking lot will be on your right.

I'd advise avoiding the coastline route as well, as the Sandy Hook Bridge is under heavy construction, and there will be traffic out the gazoo getting across.

Thanks for the directions.

Your directions will keep me off the Sandy Hook Bridge etc.... ?

mfennell

Thanks for the directions.

Your directions will keep me off the Sandy Hook Bridge etc.... ?
Yep.

Pay attention to the signs for 35 on your way North. If you miss the turn and hit the T intersection in Red Bank, turn left & look for the signs for 35.

Navesink River Rd is the first intersection after you cross the bridge out of Red Bank.

Assuming you won't be heading back to Ocean, ask anyone for directions back to the GSP North from Hartshorne. You'll pop out at 117.

Stocky

SWEET !

thanks again .

Yep.

Pay attention to the signs for 35 on your way North. If you miss the turn and hit the T intersection in Red Bank, turn left & look for the signs for 35.

Navesink River Rd is the first intersection after you cross the bridge out of Red Bank.

Assuming you won't be heading back to Ocean, ask anyone for directions back to the GSP North from Hartshorne. You'll pop out at 117.

Stocky

I'll have no problem getting back to the Parkway.

Just didn't wanna miss or get lost heading to Hartshorne.

thanks again guys,

I'm headed out to the show.

Lots of tailgating to do.

walter

Fourth Party
I went there two Saturdays ago for the Opie and Anthony comedy fest thing. Plenty of tailgating going on. I think the focus is more of the shows that will attract younger audiences and illegal drinking.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
You are correct sir. It was a great show except for the waterfalls down the steps. We found out when we got there that they had done away with the shuttle buses "to cut down on pollution" so we were soaked to the skin by the time we made it inside. They must have sold a shit load of the t-shirt thin hoddies just because everyone was going hypothermic.Then because of the lightning, they let the lawn seats into the upper section to stand in the isles. I was not able to get to my seat due to the wall of people, and even if we did get to the seats, they were already taken. Almost 5 hours of standing later, was it worth it? Hell yeah!

Top Bottom