Hartshorne/Hubor 11/10 or 11/11

Tonebuckets

Bill(Scalpel6) and I are planning to do a ride this sat. or sun. morning. Like 8:30/9:00 start time. Probably a loop at Hartshorne, then a loop at Hubor, then come back and do a loop backwards at Hartshorne again. Figure about 3hours. All are welcome.

Mare

I was planning on hitting Hartshorne for 2 loops this Saturday anyway, so I may join you. I am not sure if I can keep up (cuz generally guys kick my ass), but I will do my best and worst case, we get split up.

Tonebuckets

That's ok, we just want to ride with people. The more the better. :) If anyone falls behind we always just re-group anyway and then continue on, so it's all good. ;)

trener1

I'd love to join you guys.
I think that I can only make it if it's Saturday, though the forecast doesn't look great for Saturday morning.
Where exactly are you guys meeting?.

Tonebuckets

We usually meet at the bottom parking lot, on Navesink Ave. And yeah, Sunday does look like the better day for weather but if everyone wants to do Sat. anyway I'm in.

trener1

I am not sure that I am into riding in the cold rain, it's just that I have girlfriend commitments on Sunday.
The forecast could be wrong, last Saturday the forecast called for chance of rain and it stayed dry and we got the epic ride in, so hopefully the same will hold true for tomorrow.
Anyway we can play it by ear?.

Mare

I vote to play it by ear. I will be there by 8:30 or 9:00 (depending on what everyone wants to do), unless it's rainy and icky...then I will just run somewhere and save biking for Sunday.

trener1

If it doesn't matter to much, I'd be happier with 9:00 as it takes me about an hour to get there.
How about a quick post tomorrow around 7:30 in the am?.

Tonebuckets

That's fine with me. :) Let's check in at 7:30 tomorrow morning and we'll see how the weather is so we can decide from there. If we don't ride tomorrow i'll definitely ride on Sunday, or I may just do both days anyway.

Mare

I am uhh... well, I don't have technology at home...no computer. So I will just wing it. If you go, and I go, and we have to figure out who is who, I have a red Santa Cruz and a Silver wagon.

Hopefully I will catch up with you all tomorrow!

trener1

While it's not actually raining now... it looks like the trails might be pretty muddy..
Maybe a ride tomorrow would be a better idea (at least for me)

Tonebuckets

I think tomorrow is the better idea too. It rained all night so we should give the trails today to dry out a little. Hartshorne drains really well anyway. Same bat time tomorrow? Figure a 9am start?

K

ks9mm

Guys,

where is this place?? got directions? How's the terrain? very hilly?
Thanks!

Tonebuckets

It's located in Atlantic Highlands. kind of technical but not the most technical in jersey or anything, just really fun technical. lots of up/down, some flowy sections, decent climbs and decent decents. really just an overall very fun place. gives you a lot of everything.

coming from the north take the parkway south to exit 117. follow signs for route 36 east. follow that for about 10 miles and make a right at the light for Navesink Ave. Look for parking lot on your left for Hartshorne.

Hope you can join!

Everyone I'll be in a silver Ford Focus with a black Cannondale.

trener1

Tonebuckets directions are great.
also don't forget, you can see the link to Google maps in the trail directory section.

trener1

Sean, yeah you are right on, great ride.

Tony, Maryanne,and I met at 9:00 it was a crisp 35 degrees according to my cars thermometer, but bright sun, we hit the trails right away, Tony knew the place like the back of his hand and did a great job leading the ride, he had us flying through the rolling single track in no time, and was patient enough when we slowed him down a bit, I have to say that the drainage at Hartshorne is amazing, there was no mud to speak of, and the trails were just tacky enough that you could blast through the corners with great traction, lots of ups and downs, so despite this being right near the ocean, the park is NOT flat :).
We rolled back to the car after one lap to pick up some water, and rolled in for another lap, where we picked up another rider 2nd lap was a bit shorter then the first but we were well warmed up and had a blast flying through it.

It was great meeting and riding with everyone, and thanks to Tony forleading a great ride.
Acording to Maryanne's computer we did 21 miles.

Here is a link to my Garmins download
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4433247

Mare

I am tired!

It was great to meet Henoch and Tony and I had a fabulous ride on a day that should have been spent doing exactly what we did!!

Hope to see you guys again!

Top Bottom