hartshorne/huber tomorrow 11/6 AM

anrothar

entirely thrilled
*ride changed to chimney rock*

i need to be in piscataway tomorrow afternoon, so i would like to make a day of it and perhaps ride *CHIMNEY ROCK* in the morning. anyone up for being a guide? i would like to get in 25-30 miles. i'm looking at a start time of i guess around 10. if noone's up for leading, i'll just ride in circles till i've ridden everything i can find.

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

Might i suggest Six Mile or CR? I will not be available to guide you. However you could hit two laps at 6M or miander around CR and in a few hours you can pick up some good miles. I only persuade you from hartshorne and huber bc you will be quite aways from where you need to be. You will be minutes from piscataway at either of the other parks.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
fred, doesn't 6-mile get a wee bit muddy after a rain, like the one we're supposed to get tonight? i've never ridden chimney rock, how does that hold up?

SpartaBard

Chimney Rock would have a couple muddy spots along the White section, but the blue/red areas should be fine. Hartshorne and Huber Woods drain great.

ArmyOfNone

fred, doesn't 6-mile get a wee bit muddy after a rain, like the one we're supposed to get tonight? i've never ridden chimney rock, how does that hold up?

Grr...didnt know it was supposed to rain. Well depending on how much it rains...
The trails were in pretty good shape this weekend. Just one small stretch was muddy. If we dont get poured on you should be ok. The same is really to be said w/ CR.

ArmyOfNone

Yeppers. Just dont forget to hit the blue trail on across the street of neumans lane. I had no idea for some time that it existed. :confused:

Tonebuckets

25-30 miles at CR will be monontonous. Of course I'm somewhat biased towards hartshorne/hubor because its close to me so I'd join you if you going there. If not, have fun at CR. :)

walter

Fourth Party
Sean, work for me has been incredibly slow. I will find out about 430 am tomorrow if I can get off. If so, I will be happy to meet you at CR. If you dont hear from me by about 530 am tomorrow, I went to work.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't really recommend CR without a guide. You need to cross 3 roads to link it all together. The chances of you finding it all are pretty slim. And if you don't you'd need to ride the blue and red trails 3-4 times each to get the miles you're looking for.

Round Valley is probably closer to Piscataway than Hartshorne, if you're open for another option. Drains about as well as any park in the state, I'd say. And you can legally explore the mile or so of trail beyond the "trail closed" sign.

J-Dro

Norm, don't you have a motionbased file from CR that covers most or all of the trails that Sean can load and follow? For some reason I don't have a decent CR ride in my GPS history.

I tend to agree that Sean will be underwhelmed at CR without a guide to find some of the hidden trails. Maybe Walt will come to the rescue.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
the place i need to be is actually closer to woodbridge than piscataway. it's about as east in p-scat as you can get, if it's even still in the town. i think hartshorne might actually be closer than round valley.... GGGRRRRRRRR!!!!! i'll make my final decision in the early am.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
perfect! thanks norm, and jeff! i would really rather add another park to my repetoir, since i'll be so close to it anyway. i really enjoyed hartshorne and huber, and i'm sure i will continue to enjoy them whenever i reride them, but chimney rock is one of the ones that has escaped me up to this point.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
skipped, but moreso due to laziness and soreness from work yesterday. like as in, really really sore. neck, abs, back. farking shovelling.

Top Bottom