Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

RobW

I went to Hartshorn for the first time in over 20 years this summer and found it extremely challenging. Perhaps the fact that im 20 years older or we picked the 2nd hottest day of the year to go.. But I want to go back, anyone down for a Saturday ride??
should be out there early, around 7am

AndyJ

Watch out if you're riding Rocky Point counterclockwise. After crossing over the bunker loop road, at the point where trail is heading downhill then curves quickly to the left heading slightly uphill where a logover used to be... there's a tree hanging at decapitation height right after the curve.

rmap01

I should have added that there are plenty of leaves covering the trail especially on Grand Tour. Bone Buster was the most heavily covered so I really couldn't tell whether the erosion was any better/worse than a few months ago. Couldn't help but think "Is not knowing better?". You pick a line and stick to it... no overthinking. Lol

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I should have added that there are plenty of leaves covering the trail especially on Grand Tour. Bone Buster was the most heavily covered so I really couldn't tell whether the erosion was any better/worse than a few months ago. Couldn't help but think "Is not knowing better?". You pick a line and stick to it... no overthinking. Lol
@rmap01 which trail is bone buster?

rmap01

It's the top section "in blue"

IMG_1845.jpg

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ahhhh. Grand Tour heading up to the water tower. In all my years riding there (over 20) never heard it referred to that.

Tim

aka sptimmy43

Haha. Yep. Point and shoot. It's even more interesting in the late late afternoon.

Reactions: w_b

Dajerseyrat

I kinda like the fact that this trail is raw and lacking in maintenance. I hope they never dumb it down..

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions