Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Tonggi

rode just hubers and it was 99% dry, one soft spot by the hubers lot(not the one off the street but off that dirt road) Otherwise bone dry.

mwlikesbikes

Hero dirt tomorrow ???...
No, it wasn't.
rode out from lower lot at 9am, by the time we got to rocky point it was getting slick in spots, after that there were lots of greasy parts. went over to Huber and it was pretty good mostly but was beginning to show some greasiness too.
I gotta think that tomorrow will be more of the same freeze-thaw cycle. If you go please be mindful of the mud or maybe take a ride to the end of Sandy Hook and back

RobW

No, it wasn't.
rode out from lower lot at 9am, by the time we got to rocky point it was getting slick in spots, after that there were lots of greasy parts. went over to Huber and it was pretty good mostly but was beginning to show some greasiness too.
I gotta think that tomorrow will be more of the same freeze-thaw cycle. If you go please be mindful of the mud or maybe take a ride to the end of Sandy Hook and back
Should of went to stand in @wschruba front lawn

Tonggi

No, it wasn't.

I went in the afternoon at Hubers and did a good portion of it and I would say it was 99% dry. Only soft spot was the lot by where that building is off the dirt road. (dont know street but not the lot by the bridge from Harts)

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is a tree down at the very top of the Grand Tour climb. This is the bonus climb after climbing Grand Tour. It sucks because even though you made the toughest part of climbs you have to dismount when you come to tree.

I'm gonna pass this on to Rangers.
20160303_171413.jpg

Last edited:

MikeyBikey2000

Dude.. ramp that sucker up.

On another note..no snow there at all??

NVM, I see from the MidPack this was from yesterday.

Last edited:

MMuller

You're not done climbing Hartshorne if you bypass this last little section. Hope they see to it soon. Thanks Chris.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is a tree down at the very top of the Grand Tour climb. This is the bonus climb after climbing Grand Tour. It sucks because even though you made the toughest part of climbs you have to dismount when you come to tree.

I'm gonna pass this on to Rangers.
View attachment 32425
Dismount? Really. Wuss

Tonggi

Ditto, I have a meeting in Piscataway at nine am tomorrow and need to figure out if I can ride anywhere north of Allaire on the way home. Preferably trail and not path or beach.

was thinking lewis but not sure how the trails are. Im not familiar with that place

RobW

Ditto, I have a meeting in Piscataway at nine am tomorrow and need to figure out if I can ride anywhere north of Allaire on the way home. Preferably trail and not path or beach.
By the time you get back down this way, it will be packed snow/slush and hikers. From what I saw this eve, it's quite wet and without a freeze, it'll be sloppy.

Johnny Utah

By the time you get back down this way, it will be packed snow/slush and hikers. From what I saw this eve, it's quite wet and without a freeze, it'll be sloppy.
Thanks bud, looking like I will just headed home and ride the local trails

Last edited:

SmooveP

Hartshorne was pretty much OK today. Rode between 10AM and noon, and it was starting to soften up a bit. Mud was an issue in less than 10% of the trail.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions