Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

MMuller

Just asked an extremely local local if it's at all rideable. His response was "On a bike?.....no". Bummer

RobW

You can ride it, just be careful and be prepared for one hell of a workout. Drop that pressure

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Just asked an extremely local local if it's at all rideable. His response was "On a bike?.....no". Bummer
That guy's giving his treadmill plenty of attention lately. :rolleyes:

It's gonna take a pretty pronounced warm spell and some steady, sustained rain to get the Monmouth County spots back online any time soon. Once that ice gets compacted on the trails, it doesn't want to leave.

Mrdlegend

It's gonna take a pretty pronounced warm spell and some steady, sustained rain to get the Monmouth County spots back online any time soon. Once that ice gets compacted on the trails, it doesn't want to leave.

True..stopped at Clayton on Tuesday and rode in a ways and turned back. Couldn't really ride it. Tons of frozen footprints but too uneven and where you could find virgin snow it was too crusty and deep.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Hartshorne and huber are all ice and footprints. It was barely rideable with 26 inch studdedtires. I Gave up. Maybe rideable with fattie.

mfennell

And the weight rack, assuming there are not two regular mtb'ers living 50ft from the trails. Sheesh.

I've had 1 outdoor workout in the last 35 (that Wharton ride) and have almost finished rewatching the Walking Dead from the beginning on my trainer. :(

bobkennelly

I don't understand this statement?

What I mean is, I used to try to bike 8 days a week thinking Im going to live forever if I do so. But after 25 years of, Triathlons,MTB races, Running races. All I have now is 3 herniated discs in my low back.

All of you young people think you are invincible, but after 25 years of that, you are going to end up with permanent injuries that are going to limit your sport that you and I love so much...Moderation is all im saying, its still winter, just go for a walk with a friend, it will be warm out before you know it...actually Jason from Halters does this exact thing, he goes to yoga, rides a motorcycle, and walks at 6 mile...with his beautiful daughter I might add..

sasquatch2

I literally feel your pain, and agree 100%! Ps, came here to check conditions for tomorrow since my wife is doing a half marathon nearby... :D

What I mean is, I used to try to bike 8 days a week thinking Im going to live forever if I do so. But after 25 years of, Triathlons,MTB races, Running races. All I have now is 3 herniated discs in my low back.

All of you young people think you are invincible, but after 25 years of that, you are going to end up with permanent injuries that are going to limit your sport that you and I love so much...Moderation is all im saying, its still winter, just go for a walk with a friend, it will be warm out before you know it...actually Jason from Halters does this exact thing, he goes to yoga, rides a motorcycle, and walks at 6 mile...with his beautiful daughter I might add..

rocknrollgirl

We try and to embrace the same philosophy and Bob, perhaps it is an age and wisdom thing:)
In the winter if the trails are covered and we can't get out, we hike, xc ski, go for a walk, trail run, lift. This past Friday we put on our microspikes and went for a sunset trail run. It was awesome. I also do a ton of yoga. Mix it up.
Balance.
The weather will break soon. ( she says as it is snowing like crazy)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions