Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

RobW

Huber is good to go with occasional mud hole but very minimal. After tonight that will change though.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hit up Huber and most of Hartshorne(all except Rocky Point section) this afternoon to scout out for TM on Saturday...Huber was bone dry sans a 4ft section of trail. Hartshorne was really dry as well--Grand Tour, Laurel Ridge, mini devils elbow etc--were dry. There was a ton of wind which surely helped the cause...Didn't go over to RP section as I expected it to still be a little soggy, but the rest of the park was great. Enjoy:) Say Hi if you see us Saturday am...

Brian

SmooveP

Guilt trip alert!
When I did TM here way back in the early '90s, the crew was made up of 70-100% mountain bikers. Yesterday, out of 43 people who showed up for TM there were maybe 8 mountain bikers.

wonderturtle

did huber yesterday pm.

very good condition. 2 or 3 small wet areas max. in the whole park which I suspect will be gone entirely (or nearly so) by today.

Last edited:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I haven't ridden either of these parks since Dec. 27. Perhaps I'll finally get back in there this weekend.

RobW

Rode huber yesterday mid day. It was fine. Some washouts and clumped leaves. But nothing serious.

MMuller

Looking to finally make it to Hartshorne/Huber tomorrow noonish. 1st time in months. Hoping I have the lungs. Expecting conditions to be pretty good to go.

Schilling

Team MTBNJ Halter's
rode hartshorne tonight. lower side of grand tour was a bit wet, otherwise good to go.

FitmanNJ

Anyone rode today for an update?

I rode Huber Woods today and the conditions were good: trails were a little eroded from the long winter, but there was virtually no mud to speak of.

Can't say for sure, but I imagine Hartshorne is good to go, too.

mwlikesbikes

Conditions yesterday were far better than I expected. First time I've been there since the thaw.
It seems the snow melt smoothed out a lot of the ruts from last year, even the rooty climb on grand tour was rideable (if you got the legs!) Aside from the usual problem small mud spots rocky point was great too.
Huber was good & not overly sandy.
As long as this rain is not too bad we should be golden here by wednesday.

don

Conditions yesterday were far better than I expected. First time I've been there since the thaw.

It seems the snow melt smoothed out a lot of the ruts from last year, even the rooty climb on grand tour was rideable (if you got the legs!) Aside from the usual problem small mud spots rocky point was great too.

Huber was good & not overly sandy.

As long as this rain is not too bad we should be golden here by wednesday.

Did a tour of Hart today and conditions were good. Just a couple little mud areas but noting bad. Winter did this place good like mwlikesbikes said. Some sections are smoother than I have ever ridden.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions