Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

SmooveP

Thanks for posting this. Maybe I take the whole "Red Bull" or "Enduro Bro" comments too personally. I'll admit that I don't wear spandex and I have a bike with way more travel than I need so that stuff seems like it's aimed in my direction. I'll also say that I am confident I am more courteous towards other trail users and more of a steward of the land/trails than a lot of the PR/KOM chasing "Stravassholes" out there. I only say that because I see it first hand... a lot. Anyway, that isn't the point and I'm not trying to start a war.

PM me if you have an idea of who is doing the rogue trail work and I'll keep an eye out. I ride Harts 3+ times a week when conditions allow.

Hey, Tim. The particular category of mountain biker is irrelevant, especially to the non-mountain bikers who control our fate. We're all just "mountain bikers" to them. I'm not going to out anyone by name at this point since I don't know for sure who did what. Maybe they'll read this and take the hint, or some people who know them can exert some gentle peer pressure.

I've ridden the rogue trails and they're fun, but once they put up fencing and signs to close them off, continuing to ride them feels like a dick move, and surely infuriates the rangers and other park people.

Dajerseyrat

Forgive my ignorance , I'm Just curious how you're supposed to know a rouge trail from a diversion? There are a few diversions in the park where you can take a shortcut off the main trails to get to the same point. Such as if your doing Laurel ridge counter clockwise at the first initial climb, there is a trail that shoots off to the right with a sharp switchback, then rejoins the main trails past all the technical stuff.

SmooveP

Forgive my ignorance , I'm Just curious how you're supposed to know a rouge trail from a diversion? There are a few diversions in the park where you can take a shortcut off the main trails to get to the same point. Such as if your doing Laurel ridge counter clockwise at the first initial climb, there is a trail that shoots off to the right with a sharp switchback, then rejoins the main trails past all the technical stuff.
I can't speak for everyone, but in my case it's from riding here 2-3 times a week for 29 years (LOL, I may be in a rut). Also, there are now signs that say "Rogue Trail - Trail Closed" along with new post-and-rail fence sections placed by the Park people. Some of the smaller ride-arounds or "alternate lines" exist because of fallen trees that have been since removed, and others are from people avoiding tech sections. Still others may indeed be "Strava lines" where people cut curves to improve their times.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Conditions are about as close to perfect as possible. There wasn't enough rain to affect things in a negative way.

I never even knew this was a trail that went anywhere. The sign was installed a couple weeks ago...

IMG_2059.JPG

RobW

That’s the rail trail- I always used that trail when I lived up top by the HS. All the locals up there use it...

All the land to the left of that trail is now hartshorne. I look forward to seeing trails in there... Rae definitely need more trails.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That used to be a cool quickie trail with a cool tech jump off to the side. Been years since it's been cleaned

Dajerseyrat

Is there there a section off the upper fire road where there are some jumps in a sand pit? Saw it on a YouTuber's video once.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
During my ride yesterday I came across another rider near what I believe is currently the only real log over in the park located on flow section of Laurel Ridge between the junction to Grand Tour and Rooty Climb behind Hartshorne Road/Splinter (depending on which way you are riding). This guy's bike was laying in the trail and he was walking around just off the trail. I thought he crashed and was looking for something, I asked if he was ok to which he replied that he was, "Just trying to fix this up" referring to the log as he plopped down a short piece of a small totally dry rotted log that he found off trail. I assume this was an attempt to make it rollable. Whatever. I told maybe he should just learn to bunny hop instead. His face turned bright red and he mumbled something as he grabbed his bike and rode away.

I also rode this afternoon. It had already started raining but the trails are so dry that it's going to take a bit of rain to make it unrideable. I would think tomorrow should still be good.

GreenMachine

So I rode Hartshorne this morning. The 1,000,000,000 feet of climbing were tough but I got to shred all the sickest gnarliest descents!:p

Seriously, very little rain fell. The trails are perfect! Go get some before the next round of wet weather hits early next week.
Huber Thursday? 345ish?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions