Hartshorne Group Ride Raindate 12/21

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@pooriggy how are we looking for this ride?
We are looking good. Dress warm, bring your holiday cheer and we will enjoy the last group ride of 2019.
In light of recent knowledge of trail closures due to confrontation, I want to give a heads up as to how to be a nicer mtber.

We will be riding Hartshorne and Huber, which is a county Park. The land we call Huber was donated by local residents, and so was part of Hartshorne. It's not unlikely to encounter descendents of families who donated land to the park system. If you happen to see someone on a horse at Huber, do not say hey asshole, get the fuck out of my way...this is bad. If unsure what to do, dismount, smile and wave them through.

Also let's not use profanity on the trails, I use it here when necessary but folks on the trails don't want their peaceful walk with their family disrupted by fowl mouth's.

Finally you must carpool, I will have a sentry waiting at the gate, anyone coming in solo will be put into Dave Taylor's group.

See use at 9am tomorrow!

serviceguy

We are looking good. Dress warm, bring your holiday cheer and we will enjoy the last group ride of 2019.
In light of recent knowledge of trail closures due to confrontation, I want to give a heads up as to how to be a nicer mtber.

We will be riding Hartshorne and Huber, which is a county Park. The land we call Huber was donated by local residents, and so was part of Hartshorne. It's not unlikely to encounter descendents of families who donated land to the park system. If you happen to see someone on a horse at Huber, do not say hey asshole, get the fuck out of my way...this is bad. If unsure what to do, dismount, smile and wave them through.

Also let's not use profanity on the trails, I use it here when necessary but folks on the trails don't want their peaceful walk with their family disrupted by fowl mouth's.

Finally you must carpool, I will have a sentry waiting at the gate, anyone coming in solo will be put into Dave Taylor's group.

See use at 9am tomorrow!

It's a sorry state of things if you have to remind us how to behave in a civil way, but thanks nevertheless for doing it. Now, about carpool...I guess I'll ride with Dave Taylor.

trener1

I'm good with everything besides the carpool part, though happy to give anyone a ride from Brooklyn if anyone reads this and wants a ride.

stilluf

I can't make this ride (sad face) but anyone who has ridden here before knows Hartshorne is hiker central, so definitely expect many slow downs and/or stoppages due to other trail users. Yield and be nice ( or at least don't be a bastard)

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Now, about carpool...
I'm good with everything besides the carpool part,.
There is a Park and Ride at the southern end of the Cheesequake rest stop on the parkway. This is convenient for all folks coming in from the North. Don't be lame, message each other and meet up. Meet new people, make friends, save the planet and allow for enough parking.
Cheesequake Rest Area

Garden State Pkwy, South Amboy, NJ 08879 https://g.co/kgs/PVHQZ1

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry to miss this! We have too much family in the house to be gone for a whole day (Cheesequake is faaaaaaaar).

TimBay

It's a sorry state of things if you have to remind us how to behave in a civil way, but thanks nevertheless for doing it. Now, about carpool...I guess I'll ride with Dave Taylor.
Wanna scoop me up? I'm about 30 seconds off rt 36 on the way to the trail.

If not, I'm gonna park at buttermilk early and ride over to claypit. Anyone else not carpooling that wants to join me can meet there at 830. It's maybe a 10 minute ride at OOS speed, if that.

Finally. Regarding horses, there's no question about what to do: you pull your bike to the side and let them through. All trail users yield to horses. The end.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
if anyone is an ass on the ride (to anyone... regardless of if they're riding a horse or a bike or just walking their dog), there's a cliff @pooriggy will push you off of:

20191026_170911 (1).jpg

serviceguy

Wanna scoop me up? I'm about 30 seconds off rt 36 on the way to the trail.

If not, I'm gonna park at buttermilk early and ride over to claypit. Anyone else not carpooling that wants to join me can meet there at 830. It's maybe a 10 minute ride at OOS speed, if that.

Finally. Regarding horses, there's no question about what to do: you pull your bike to the side and let them through. All trail users yield to horses. The end.

That may work. I have a few things still up in the air but I think we can make that work out. I'll message you.

Top Bottom