Hartshorne Group Ride Raindate 12/21

Mare

wouldn't rocky point be the best lot?
I thought the same thing when I saw the new parking lot and bathrooms there on Sunday---very nice :) The lot was quite large and quite empty while Clay Pit was jam packed.

TimBay

Would this be a good ride to break in the Mukluk ? Emphasis on 'in' and not 'break'.
Definitely fatbike friendly. There's like 3 rocks in the whole place, so it's unlikely you'll do any damage. But some good roots and steep stuff. I'm throwing it out there that the beginner group should definitely do Bing Bong Bone Buster (down...not up). Especially since anyone not brave enough can always fire road to the Bottom as a b line.

TimBay

I thought the same thing when I saw the new parking lot and bathrooms there on Sunday---very nice :) The lot was quite large and quite empty while Clay Pit was jam packed.
Yeah. It's not really as good from a riding perspective, though it could be good for a bail out if someone doesn't want to do the full park. You would get to start with DH which can be fun though.

mwlikesbikes

I'm throwing it out there that the beginner group should definitely do Bing Bong Bone Buster (down...not up). Especially since anyone not brave enough can always fire road to the Bottom as a b line.
Which trail is this? I’m sure I’ve been up and down it hundreds of times, I just can’t remember all the made up segment names.
Oh, in as well...

TimBay

Which trail is this? I’m sure I’ve been up and down it hundreds of times, I juts can’t remember all the made up segment names.
Oh, in as well...
Ha, for sure. It's a small section of Grand Tour that hooks off of Cuesta (fire road). It's sorta starts by the water tower. it's the section with a bunch of tight water bar/root drops. The hardest climb/sketchiest descent in the park, IMHO. I'm sure others can describe it better.

SmooveP

Ha, for sure. It's a small section of Grand Tour that hooks off of Cuesta (fire road). It's sorta starts by the water tower. it's the section with a bunch of tight water bar/root drops. The hardest climb/sketchiest descent in the park, IMHO. I'm sure others can describe it better.
Otherwise known as The Water Tower Trail. Bone Buster Bing Bong is the Strava segment name. If people are interested, we can have a group that spends the whole ride sessioning that trail up and down to try and take the KOM ;).

TimBay

Otherwise known as The Water Tower Trail. Bone Buster Bing Bong is the Strava segment name. If people are interested, we can have a group that spends the whole ride sessioning that trail up and down to try and take the KOM ;).
Ha. I even got the strava name wrong.

mwlikesbikes

The water tower trail can SAD these days. It’s worse going down it anymore, the lower section needs a reroute...

TimBay

FS bike. Lean back and let the bike do it's thang!!
3iyoqm.jpg

Top Bottom